Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat)

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
No, Argyle green is a brand.
Look at the seats.
How many different shades of green do you see in there?
None except one. The shade of Argyle green!!
Apart from the new ones... all the others are at various stages of deterioration and are different shades due to sun light.

Feb 8, 2005
It was suggested on here that RL be asked at Senior Greens. He was asked and didn‘t seem particularly interested.
He was asked if any of the players had commented and he said that they had not.
Posty posted some stats on page 1 of this thread showing that, since 2011, we had played 40, won 13, drawn 13 and lost 14. I assume that they were all home matches.
Perhaps, the data analysts should, at least, look into this trend of less than 1/3rd of home wins in that time.
Bolton next.
Common sense would dictate that dark colours in the evening light, even with floodlighting, MAY become a problem, but we have asked the manager about it, and he seems to suggest that it is NOT a problem that his players have identified as being worthy of further investigation.

I suggest that we have done all we can to bring the subject to the Clubs attention and we should now leave it at that.

Reactions: smudja

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmmm, are the Argyle media team touching up the shirts to look brighter in pics? :ROFLMAO::unsure:

Could be a trick of the light, but no way are they this bright, surely?

FBQ-me-WUAAhwIv

FBMJfEsXoA0rcKK

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
Hmmm, are the Argyle media team touching up the shirts to look brighter in pics? :ROFLMAO::unsure:

Could be a trick of the light, but no way are they this bright, surely?

FBQ-me-WUAAhwIv

FBMJfEsXoA0rcKK
I'm pretty sure it's deliberate. They do it all the time on the Argyle instagram feed (with links to buy the shirt - I wonder if it generates more sales when people think we play in green)

Reactions: saxman
Feb 20, 2021
Sorry to add to this thread.. Did we change to wearing White Shorts and Socks midway through the 2016-2017 season? I seem to recall we started the season with a similar shirt and Black Shorts/ Dark socks combination.

We definitely had White Shorts and Socks for both the Liverpool games. I think the Shorts and Socks are probably more of an issue than the shirts.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
You are right Biggs. I've definitely noticed that in club photos the shirt colour is a much lighter, somewhat brighter and much more green, green. It's actually a REALLY nice colour, just not the one that you see in reality.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
If anyone's interested, I've done some more number-crunching - thanks to GoS, as usual - though I'm not sure it tells us anything we didn't know.

I looked at the results for the last 10 seasons and compared average points earned per evening game with average points earned per weekend game (league games only). To put it another way, I calculated as a percentage how many of the available points we picked up.

- Evening games at home outperformed the home game average in only 3/10 seasons, i.e. our points per game rate was better in weekend home games in 7/10 seasons.

- Evening games away outperformed the away game average in 5/10 seasons.

- Away evenings outperformed home evenings in 5/10 seasons.

- Home and away combined, weekends outperformed evenings in 7/10 seasons.

I don't know if this adds anything to the dark/light shirts argument. Given that most away games are played in a lighter kit, the fact that in 5 seasons out of 10 we were more effective on home evenings isn't an argument in favour, but then again we would expect to lose more away so maybe 5/10 is quite good.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You are right Biggs. I've definitely noticed that in club photos the shirt colour is a much lighter, somewhat brighter and much more green, green. It's actually a REALLY nice colour, just not the one that you see in reality.

I can think of a way the media team don’t need to edit the shirts to be brighter… :censored:

This is adding to my theory that the club got a good deal on 25 years worth of Puma football shirt fabric in a colour no-one else wants :p

Last edited:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Getting even brighter :ROFLMAO:

1500x500

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
They're toying with us... the real pity of it is that the green colour of the shirts in the advert for the Bolton game is the absolutely perfect shade in my opinion.

Jun 27, 2021
Look Knibbs old chap. I can actually have a point of view without posting it on pasoti. Do you honestly believe an issue is only relevant if you've said it multiple times publicly? Similarly if no one backs me up my opinion is invalidated?

Argyle has been dear to my heart practically all my life.
This topic is raised each season to be fair.. I’m happy with this shade personally but prob shows my age and connection to sturrocks few seasons. Funny thing about the above image I reckon they changed the brightness of the kit so it dosnt blend in with the back ground, so marketing team must agree with posters above ⬆️

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I won't say who but I accused a senior manager of colourising it but he flatly denied it. I won't repeat my reply on this family friendly site but it did have two LL's in it. :)

Reactions: Bwb1989