Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat)

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Another point about the shirts last night. About 1 in 12 men present on average would have red/green colour blindness so last night the only thing they could use to see a difference was the colour of the shorts. Surely Argyle could have used this clash of red and green to opt for the second strip and also to be more visible to our own players.
I thought it was just me that thought Crewe were wearing the same colour kit as us.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Actually, they’re called “The All Blacks” because they wear all black. The football team is called “The All Whites” because…

Ha, I was trying and failing to make a witty point about us wearing black instead of green :p

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ha, I was trying and failing to make a witty point about us wearing black instead of green :p
I can accept a good whooshing! :)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do you not think Blackpool players blend into a background of orange replica shirts, orange scarves and orange seats at Bloomfield Road?

No. For a start, not everyone in the stands is wearing orange so it's not a block of colour in that way. Plus the players wear white shorts. Whereas at Home Park evening games, there is that block of dark colour because the stand isn't illuminated, so everything looks dark.

We are literally wearing the colours of camouflage, in browny green and black :ROFLMAO:. Aesthetically I hate it because I want Argyle to be boldly green, but practically it seems insane too.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The white shorts of the Crewe players and the white numbers 3 and 4 of Gillesphey and Houghton in this photo show how better white is for evening games.

Screenshot_20210930-133859_Chrome.jpg

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Cant see the player next to Houghton as his white shorts blend with the advertising hoadings and his shirt with the crowd

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Another point about the shirts last night. About 1 in 12 men present on average would have red/green colour blindness so last night the only thing they could use to see a difference was the colour of the shorts. Surely Argyle could have used this clash of red and green to opt for the second strip and also to be more visible to our own players.
One of my mates rarely comes now for this reason. He finds it hard to distinguish players from different teams in some games. He has contacted Argyle but no real response forthcomin.

Oct 15, 2017
Not sure whether that’s tongue in cheek. 🤪But I and a few others agree. It was mentioned on the Agard thread.

I have always felt that such dark green shirts are a hinderance, especially on a wet drizzly evening with poor visibility against a backdrop of dark winter clothing attired fans. Eg. this becomes evident when trying to switch play at pace and pausing to see where exactly your man is on the opposite touch line.

Agree 100% wear something light at night and be seen as the old saying use to be when referring to preventing
road accidents to cyclists and pedestrians.

Reactions: Tonka
Oct 15, 2017
White is not only very visible, but also very smart imo (we can still have green/black trim).

And just look how that lovely green Bond Timber pops! It’s a no brainier as to what is more visible. And don’t get me started about the new improved floodlights!!!!!

The floodlights are still poor I think they were better when they were in the corners.

Reactions: Superguy