Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tuesday night games (incl dark shirt chat)

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
If the club stuck to its colours of Green, Black AND white it might help. This seasons grungy combo of dark green and black is a poor match. If those people in the office think we must have dark green fine. But contrasting white shorts would look much better with it. If they really like the black then add black socks or something. But please no black shorts.

Reactions: Bananarette

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Its a mystery how New Zealand rugby team have ever completed a pass in the regular floodlit games they play.
I'm no rugby aficionado but I understand they play in a dark kit and are relatively successful?
Do they play on black grass then? I must have missed that! 🤔 ;)

Oct 31, 2015
It must be difficult for the players to see a teammate when there's just a split second to look up.

View attachment 656
Wow I honestly thought everyone talking about the colour was just nonsense but the player is well camoed there. Perhaps the white shirts are an option in the evenings

With all the data analysis conducted surely someone at the club has noticed our poor midweek results. I also didnt realise it goes back so long

Jan 11, 2016
The All Black comparisons are nonsense - they are a top international side who could probably play with their eyes closed. They also never play under poor floodlights. If Argyle played in the white kit and it made no difference to the results then it at least we could concentrate on debating the weaknesses of the team.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn't say we have 'poor floodlights' any more SG???

Far from it now I'd say.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wow I honestly thought everyone talking about the colour was just nonsense but the player is well camoed there. Perhaps the white shirts are an option in the evenings

With all the data analysis conducted surely someone at the club has noticed our poor midweek results. I also didnt realise it goes back so long

That's a good photo because it's looking across the pitch from a players perspective and level, with the fans and seats in the background.
When fans watch a match we are generally viewing down onto a pitch.

Reactions: rsp4

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Have the Mayflower lights been fully installed yet, though? I think I've lost track and got confused with the floodlight post thing still being there.

Obviously the horseshoe ones have, with the light show stuff.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That's a good photo because it's looking across the pitch from a players perspective and level, with the fans and seats in the background.
When fans watch a match we are generally viewing down onto a pitch.

And yes, this point is crucial. I always think when I've sat at pitch level how difficult it is to see through what is basically a sea of bodies. And that's when they're clearly visible.

Jan 11, 2016
Happy to stand corrected on the quality of the lights but not all comments here have been complimentary and from the highlights/tv coverage while they seem improved perhaps they are still not top notch. As an exile I can only go on what appears to be the case so I'm happy to yield to the views of those who really know from being there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Have the Mayflower lights been fully installed yet, though? I think I've lost track and got confused with the floodlight post thing still being there.

Obviously the horseshoe ones have, with the light show stuff.
Yes they have, and I was only saying last night how bright the pitch now is. No dark corners any more.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Speaking to Zac Newton at the Fans Assembly he confirmed that the contractors are to return to complete the installation of the lights under the Mayflower roof, hopefully before the next evening game. There are a fewer number under the Mayflower roof currently compared to the Lyndhurst. The post lights will be removed at that time too. The contractors are the ones who have upgraded Old Trafford's lights and many others around the country.

When completed the lights will be Championship standard. They are League 1 standard now and a massive improvement on the previous installation. However, on viewing the highlights of the game they did appear darker than at the game but I suspect that was more of a technical issue with the cameras rather than the brightness of the lights themselves.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They certainly looked bang on from up high Graham. I was looking around and couldn't see any dip in the light levels at all. If we're getting better than what we've already got then we should all get a tan.

Sep 6, 2006
I posted a personal opinion which others seemed to think was worth considering. I know that you enjoy trying to embarrass people but I certainly wasn’t ‘whooshed’.
Perhaps, you were.
So you think Knibbsworth was serious with his we would be top of the League with lighter shade shirts comment? Re embarrassing people you were keen to call me out re Hardie where I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
To be fair, they wear black shirts because they're called the All Blacks.

What's our excuse?
Actually, they’re called “The All Blacks” because they wear all black. The football team is called “The All Whites” because…

Reactions: Jenko14

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So you think Knibbsworth was serious with his we would be top of the League with lighter shade shirts comment? Re embarrassing people you were keen to call me out re Hardie where I'm happy to admit I was wrong.
Good to know that you acknowledge that you were wrong about Hardie.
With regard to Knibbsworth’s post, it just made me think about the shirts issue and our results on Tuesday nights. As I mentioned, I am not the only one who thinks it is worth considering.