Trouble at the End (32 fans banned) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Trouble at the End (32 fans banned)

Aug 4, 2011
Pathetic little children bringing shame to our club. Fighting with away supporters that may lead to Argyle being fined. I naively thought those days were long gone, clearly not.
After wigan fans invaded the pitch, let off flares and incited the home fans (from both the lyndhust and mayflower). Guess you want to gloss over that bit? Youā€™d be the first on here bemoaning smoke bombs had it been the other way around

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I saw it starting with a load of Argyle ā€˜fansā€™ going down below the segregation netting and across to try to get at the Wigan fans. A few Wigan fans countered but I think it was very lucky that they didnā€™t respond en masse because i think there would have been a really serious incident if they had. There was one bloke (older I think) who went right up to the back of the stand near the camera position and then just walked across straight into the Wigan fans throwing punches as he went. Iā€™ve got it all on film (4 minutes) although my view from the middle of the Lyndhurst was obviously quite distant. I donā€™t think it helped that the Devonport End decided to encourage the fighting. All in all it was a pretty shameful incident and a pretty clear demonstration of why the club canā€™t reduce the segregation and sell more tickets there - put simply, some people just canā€™t be trusted to behave like decent human beings.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
After wigan fans invaded the pitch, let off flares and incited the home fans (from both the lyndhust and mayflower). Guess you want to gloss over that bit? Youā€™d be the first on here bemoaning smoke bombs had it been the other way around
So: 'Pathetic little children bringing shame to our club' is acceptable and understandable if the away supporters 'start' it? :unsure:

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Thereā€™s always someone else to blame isnā€˜t there? People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Nov 2, 2004
Not sure what the stewards were doing, most were just watching. There were only about 20 Argyle fans involved, proactive stewarding would have sorted it in a couple of minutes. Very strange.

Reactions: Chip green
Aug 4, 2011
Thereā€™s always someone else to blame isnā€˜t there? People need to take responsibility for their own actions.
Fact is if wigan fans had acted the same way as Wycombe, Crewe, Doncaster etc who didnā€™t celebrate a goal by invading the pitch, throwing flares and giving it the big un to the home fans there wouldnā€™t have been an incident. That was the trigger regardless of what did or didnā€™t follow.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
By the way - they certainly were not all children - some of them definitely looked old enough and big enough to be adults.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Not sure what the stewards were doing, most were just watching. There were only about 20 Argyle fans involved, proactive stewarding would have sorted it in a couple of minutes. Very strange.
There were far more than 20 argyle fans involved. They werenā€™t all throwing punches or posturing at the Wigan fans but there were easily 50 if not more argyle fans that encroached beyond the segregation netting.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Fact is if wigan fans had acted the same way as Wycombe, Crewe, Doncaster etc who didnā€™t celebrate a goal by invading the pitch, throwing flares and giving it the big un to the home fans there wouldnā€™t have been an incident. That was the trigger regardless of what did or didnā€™t follow.
Fact is most people are quite capable of recognising that the pitch encroachment was simply over-exuberance, the smoke bomb just stupid and the ā€˜incitementā€™ was simply what football fans always do towards the opposition, without thinking that those things somehow give them an excuse to start causing trouble.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Knuckle dragging morons who the stewards did little or nothing to stop, until it was too late.
Thatā€™s not entirely fair. There were quite a few stewards who put themselves in between the two groups and managed to stop things escalating.

But I would question what the point of segregation netting is if it is possible to simply walk along the front of the stand to get to the other side of it (which is what appeared to happen).

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Hahaha are you for real? Wigan fans celebrated a last minute winner after a 5+ hour journey. If we were in their shoes you'd be rejoicing the scenes as "absolute limbs šŸ¤ŖšŸ”„".

No excuses for the way the minority of our lot behave. Zoo corner shot themselves in the foot today, the club will rightly act.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
By the way - they certainly were not all children - some of them definitely looked old enough and big enough to be adults.
Can't comment on today as wasn't there but, at games at Shrewsbury, Morecambe and Accrington there was group of people in amongst Argyle fans who seemed intent on agitating home supporters. This included a couple of more "mature" guys who seemed to be encouraging younger members of the crowd to confront the home fans. Mature in terms of years not behaviour obviously. šŸ™„

Reactions: memory man