Trouble at the End (32 fans banned) | Page 26 | PASOTI

Trouble at the End (32 fans banned)

Mar 23, 2013
I feel that this thread has now lost all meaning, finegreen obviously disagrees with the violence aspect of the confrontation but blames the police and stewards, he has painted himself into a corner, his offensive descriptions of other posters is abusive and should not be tolerated on a fans forum. Others who should know better are rising to the bait and taking the discussion down roads that should not be travelled, i.e. wars, the IRA and Suffragettes etc.. Others come across as groupies for the more hard core in the crowd who should never be called "fans or supporters". When positively identified the culprits should be banned.
Some people are so far up there arse on here itā€™s frightening.....and youā€™re up there.

Dec 30, 2020
I bet half the people on this thread are either police officers or traffic wardens,definitely getting that bullied at school and now in life vibe to it.

As I said earlier on the thread, I suspect almost exactly the reverse is true: that those involved in the disorder are people who are at the bottom of the pack in almost every aspect of life - educationally, professionally, socially - and that too much coke and booze, and acting up at Argyle is a means of escapism for them.

It's why I think that Simon Hallett's language is a bit too strong, and also that the lengthy bans for people who are probably quite passionate Argyle fans are a bit of a shame.

Equally, of course, I accept that Argyle cannot tolerate people storming security barriers and attacking other match-goers, and also that there's not much the club can do about much bigger, society-wide issues with masculinity.

Sep 20, 2021
So people who are/have been involved in football hooliganism are "bottom of the pack in every aspect of life" that's quite a statement.

Reactions: meetoo

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Struggling to work out the criticism on this thread? It ranges from those saying this "violence" on Saturday (yes nearly a week ago but many are still continually posting on this thread) was a throwback to the 70's and 80's and has no place in football stadiums (agreed). To others saying it was kids posturing and had they not been held back by 2 stewards and 1 copper they would have all fled and its the "pogo-ing", they wouldn't last 5 minutes in a boxing ring or at war?

So which is it? Either there was full scale dis-order, rioting and scenes to scare the living hell out of your granny, or it was pathetic adults with no brain cells that would run a mile had their been no netting, stewards, police about?

To me (from the Mayflower) the Wigan fans were asking for trouble. Borderline taking the pee. I saw 2 coins thrown from the away end into the Mayflower that incensed a few (rightfully so), I also heard (but did not see) that a cigarette lighter was also thrown from the away end. They then proceeded to invade the pitch goading and letting of flares. Doesn't bother me, but had the shoe been on the other foot and Argyle fans had done this at Charlton lets say, and a mob of Charlton fans had retaliated, you'd have the same 5 or 6 repeat posters on this thread (obviously don't have much of a life) condemning Argyle fans for letting off flares, invading the pitch, goading the home fans and getting what they desevered. You can't have it both ways.

It seems there are a select few posters just wanting to bash Argyle fans (and yes they are fans as anyone who travels to the likes of Lincoln, Morecambe, Accrington do so for the love of the club) and at any opportunity. Storm in a tea cup, and Wigan not entirely blameless. Alcohol will have played a large part as I'm sure 90% of people who have drank in the past will have done something they regret.

My synopsis - ANYONE found guilty of throwing a punch / physical violence - should be banned. Anyone encroaching on the pitch - banned. Anyone involved in gesticulation and chanting - live and let live part of football as far as I'm concerned.

Just a final thing, these 2 points irk me more than anything that happened after the Wigan goal - 1) the chanting about Charlie Wyke, completely out of order and uncalled for, 2) the reports of drunken adults sat in the family stand swearing, no need and uncalled for.

Cue the usual rent a mob who will no doubt be tutting loudly, stamping their find and searching for the rolled eyes emoji to react to my post - but that's how I see it.
Hi Dan. Just to pick up on a couple of points as they relate to things involving me on this thread.

Firstly, the insinuation that a person would be no good in war was first made about me, by area 51. This was somewhat bizarre as it was in response to a post I had made in which I defended working class people against an earlier suggestion that their only means of expression was clobbering each other around on a Saturday...a view that I suspect the elite would hold of the working class, but one which I think is pretty disgusting. The majority of great art and music had come from people with working class backgrounds. Suggesting that we'll always have incidents of fighting at football because 'thats how working class people blow off steam' is insulting.
It did get me wondering though, what war situation would require me to jump around like I had a sparkler where the sun doesn't shine whilst making masturbatory gestures at the enemy. Obviously that only comes up in advanced SAS training.

Secondly, for clarification, I didn't suggest they'd be no good in a boxing ring. I simply suggested that a better outlet for aggression, one which wouldn't result in a criminal record, and upset to the kids within the ground, would be to attend one of Plymouth's many boxing gyms. I asked whether that would require a bit too much discipline.

I do get your point about pitch encroachment. I've been on in a mass pitch gathering a couple of times when there's been something important achieved at the end of a season. But I've never understood why at, say Crewe or Cheltenham, these guys feel the need to flop themselves over a barrier after a scruffy equaliser and bound along the touchline chasing (mostly forlornly) after the scorer like they somehow delivered a pinpoint cross.

Mar 23, 2013
This made me laugh out loud.

The chap your talking about is a Marine - I doubt whether you've seen an 80th of what that man has.

Just think about it. :rolleyes:
Just because heā€™s a marine it doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t pull him up when heā€™s talking total rubbish ?