PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
WoodsyGreen":rdhpjdyk said:
Galloway is a good shout. He was indeed at MK Dons at the same time as RL, though he would have been a teenager at the time.

He's got excellent pedigree, having played for four England youth age groups including the U21s, as well as Everton, West Brom and Sunderland. His career hasn't yet lived up to its early promise though and he left Luton after barely featuring for them - though injury was the main reason for that.

Neil Dewsnip would have been around those England youth teams and know all about Galloway, although it looks like Dewsnip just missed him from his time at Everton.

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":24m1octh said:
WoodsyGreen":24m1octh said:
Galloway is a good shout. He was indeed at MK Dons at the same time as RL, though he would have been a teenager at the time.

He's got excellent pedigree, having played for four England youth age groups including the U21s, as well as Everton, West Brom and Sunderland. His career hasn't yet lived up to its early promise though and he left Luton after barely featuring for them - though injury was the main reason for that.

Neil Dewsnip would have been around those England youth teams and know all about Galloway, although it looks like Dewsnip just missed him from his time at Everton.

Good point. There definitely seems to be legs on this one.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Matt Green Army":1z48mfp3 said:
Railway sleeper":1z48mfp3 said:
It’s a seaside identity competition, a sort of modern- day chalky white. “ Your chalky white and I claim my £5”.

My guess is Anthony o Connor.

Is there a £5 prize, or at least a free ice cream ? ? :cool:
Ive heard its Brendon Galaway ex Everton and possibly played with Lowe at MK Dons

Thanks for posting these snippets.

Heard anything about a backup keeper?

Not sure we will tempt many young and upcoming fellows to come and spend lot of season on bench? So need to identify someone towards end of playing career perhaps.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Galloway had a serious knee injury in November 2019 and only played one game last season. He was due to join Shrewsbury in January this year but the move broke down, the Luton manager said Galloway was injured.
So if the trialist is Galloway we are right in having a look at him before signing him.

Luton Today.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen":85cfkcqg said:

Bit worried that Brendan Galloway hasn't actually started a league match since the back end of 2017 - what's he been doing in the last 3 and a half years? I know he's had an injury at the end of 2019 but what about 2018-2019 season?

In fact he's only actually started 39 matches in his whole career which for a 25 year old isn't a lot at all.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
JannerinCardiff":3kxj7c8w said:
WoodsyGreen":3kxj7c8w said:

Bit worried that Brendan Galloway hasn't actually started a league match since the back end of 2017 - what's he been doing in the last 3 and a half years? I know he's had an injury at the end of 2019 but what about 2018-2019 season?

In fact he's only actually started 39 matches in his whole career which for a 25 year old isn't a lot at all.

Few miles on the clock JIC! :lol:
These things go like gold dust on autotrader :D

Seriously though, I watched him a few times in his Everton days and he did look a very good footballer. Fingers crossed we can keep him fit if he joins.

Apr 1, 2009
It's almost a tradition that each season we employ a player of good pedigree but crocked fitness. Perhaps Galloway is this season's?

Aug 17, 2005
Interesting that it was Pulis who took him on loan for West Brom and that they paid Everton 1 million pounds for the loan of him

Sep 2, 2008
xmastree":2ijxfun0 said:
It's almost a tradition that each season we employ a player of good pedigree but crocked fitness. Perhaps Galloway is this season's?

You are probably right.

Tbh, the guy must have something about him so a trial is the right way to go. Thing is, you can never really tell the true nature of an injury as players will sometimes play through the pain/discomfort to get the Contract. Then they get injured 'again' and end up joining the same club as Och Ma Knee, McLeod, Beglin, etc, etc.

If we do take him on I hope its on a Pay per Play basis.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":gvqil94h said:
Galloway had a serious knee injury in November 2019 and only played one game last season. He was due to join Shrewsbury in January this year but the move broke down, the Luton manager said Galloway was injured.
So if the trialist is Galloway we are right in having a look at him before signing him.

Luton Today.

Would be quite a coup. I know he has been seriously injured, but he made 17 appearances for Everton in the PL as a 20 year old. That’s almost half a season, not just off cameos for a kid.

Obviously depends on fitness, but on paper it’s potentially a great signing.

Aug 17, 2005
Nobby":3pi37nkh said:
PL2 3DQ":3pi37nkh said:

Luton Today.

Would be quite a coup. I know he has been seriously injured, but he made 17 appearances for Everton in the PL as a 20 year old. That’s almost half a season, not just off cameos for a kid.

Obviously depends on fitness, but on paper it’s potentially a great signing.

Played left back Leighton baines was out through injury

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pogleswoody":22pet1zz said:
loyal1970":22pet1zz said:
if it is Galloway sounds like an ideal injury prone Argyle signing.

I'd hate to read a post from someone who isn't 'loyal! :doh:
in fairness to loyal, our record with injury prone players doesn't make good reading. I know every manager and physio hopes they can succeed where others failed and get a tune out of these bargain, injury-prone players, but it rarely works. I would only sign them on a pay to play basis but agents won't have that.