Trialist Brendan Galloway SIGNS! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Trialist Brendan Galloway SIGNS!

Aug 5, 2016
Fair point…I should have worded that better. What I was trying to say was that I believe Baxter was basically putting himself in the shop window and looking for a different opportunity.

The funny thing is; you laugh and suggest that the American second division is a backward step but he still elected to go there. If I remember correctly Lowe is on record saying he wanted to keep him so I guess for Baxter it did actually work out. Perhaps he just wanted to play in the US irrespective of the standard.

I’ll be very surprised if Galloway is with us in Feb 22.

Is Lowe on record as saying that?
From my memory, Lowe let him go mid season. He was out of football for a while.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Is Lowe on record as saying that?
From my memory, Lowe let him go mid season. He was out of football for a while.
Fair point…I should have worded that better. What I was trying to say was that I believe Baxter was basically putting himself in the shop window and looking for a different opportunity.

The funny thing is; you laugh and suggest that the American second division is a backward step but he still elected to go there. If I remember correctly Lowe is on record saying he wanted to keep him so I guess for Baxter it did actually work out. Perhaps he just wanted to play in the US irrespective of the standard.

No they can to a mutual agreement to end his deal early in November of that season because he couldn’t shake of his calf injury and they couldn’t see a return from it in sight

Aug 24, 2009
There is no doubt about this players ability as was shown against Swansea, if he stays free of injury we will have a really good player, a contract until January is good business.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I remember watching him play for Everton as a kid and thinking he was very good then.
Keep him injury free and we've got a very good player on our hands.
I hope there is an agreement in place to extend the deal for longer assuming everything goes well.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Doumbe had many mistakes in him BUT his pace meant he could rectify a lot of errors. Loved him as a player.
I was at that game at Molineux.

It was Kenny Miller who was very fast and clean through on goal until Matty put on the after-burners to make a goal-saving tackle.

Lillian Nallis is probably Argyle's best ever free transfer signing but not far behind are Kevin Summerfield and John Matthews who both came to Argyle in similar circumstances to Galloway, i.e. trying to show they still had a lot of football left in them.

Time will tell but Galloway looks a very decent player who has obviously had a good grounding at Everton and providing he has put his injury problems behind him, we could well see the best of him in an Argyle shirt.

Jun 16, 2021
My memory of Doumbe was racing back towards goal and tackling a player clean through at Wolves. Best tackle I’ve ever seen by an Argyle player….but my memory could be wrong unless he had two exceptional performances at Molineux.
Yeah soz goal line clearance was wrong description as it was a goal line tackle with guy clean through with an empty net.
Still exceptional however you describe it and saved a certain goal

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

It was Kenny Miller who was very fast and clean through on goal until Matty put on the after-burners to make a goal-saving tackle.

Lillian Nallis is probably Argyle's best ever free transfer signing but not far behind are Kevin Summerfield and John Matthews who both came to Argyle in similar circumstances to Galloway, i.e. trying to show they still had a lot of football left in them.

Time will tell but Galloway looks a very decent player who has obviously had a good grounding at Everton and providing he has put his injury problems behind him, we could well see the best of him in an Argyle shirt.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d argue that Graham Carey was our best ever free transfer.

Dec 3, 2005
All these profits of doom on here - oh he is injury prone - oh i bet he wont be here after february - oh he is a good backup - just using Argyle as a stepping stone, so many crystal balls here.
Why not be happy he as signed and support him and wait and see?
Always amazes me whenever we sign anyone - the doomsters appear and find anything negative to say - oh a friend of mine supports the Club there from and he says he is crap.
Support the signings - support the players - support the team.
Any new signing should be banned from reading PASOTI and some of the negative crap that appears on here.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Football is a contact sport- players get injured

Just because we sign players with injury records does not mean they are past their sale by dates

No doubt the medical team monitor every single player & know what triggers to look for in a player that has a injury record

I am sure some people expect perfection in every single player we sign- it does not exist

Some players have a long career without major injuries where as other players unfortunately do it is the nature of the beast

With regard to Brendan give the boy a chance- what the fans of his previous clubs say is irrelevant it is what he does for us that counts

Maybe due to the period he had out before he joined at the end of last season to regain fitness & joined pre season as a trialist- he & RL have made the decision on a short contract because if he is going to be a regular starter after having such a long period out they need to see if his body can hold up to the rigor of League 1 football

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Doumbe had many mistakes in him BUT his pace meant he could rectify a lot of errors. Loved him as a player.

Time will tell but Galloway looks like a very decent player who has obviously had a good grounding at Everton and providing he has put his injury problems behind him, we could well see the best of him in an Argyle shirt.
I’d argue that Graham Carey was our best ever free transfer.
I loved Carey, he was one of the very few players who you might say he was worth the admission money on his own.

However, unlike Nallis, he did not play in the top Division in 3 of the major footballing countries in Europe, neither did he play with distinction at Championship level with Argyle.

Reactions: greenwelly
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth

Reactions: Argyleloyal