Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I've been very impressed with him. If he stays fit, we could have unearthed a wee gem.

Reactions: metroace
Mar 14, 2009
I imagine there is a clause that says if he plays a certain amount of games the contract will be extended.

We might have to wrap him up in cotton wool when the league schedule gets hectic.

Reactions: macleanie

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Pleased with this, quality player, lets hope he stays fit and we have an auto extend on the contract.

Reactions: DYX

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like he was signed before last night's game,
CLUB NEWS

Galloway's a Green​

23 HOURS AGO

Sep 2, 2008
On the flipside, if he excels we could lose him for nothing midway through the season.

It does make sense though given his injury record, and if he gets a consistent run of games then I'm sure we'll look to extend the contract as soon as possible.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just using us as a stepping stone to another club much like Baxter did. No intention of staying with us but using us to show his preferred team that he has recovered from his injuries.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just using us as a stepping stone to another club much like Baxter did. No intention of staying with us but using us to show his preferred team that he has recovered from his injuries.

So you're saying Baxter's move to us was fuelled by his desire to play for Memphis 901 FC in the American second division?

Jun 16, 2021
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

The contract gets us through to the January transfer window.
I've been impressed with him, there's no doubt he's a very good player, it's just his injury free record isn't the best.
He's like a taller Matt Doumbe.

Another Matt Doumbe was exactly what I thought. Be well happy if he turns out as good as that - still cant forget the goal line clearance at Wolves

May 22, 2006
Another Matt Doumbe was exactly what I thought. Be well happy if he turns out as good as that - still cant forget the goal line clearance at Wolves
My memory of Doumbe was racing back towards goal and tackling a player clean through at Wolves. Best tackle I’ve ever seen by an Argyle player….but my memory could be wrong unless he had two exceptional performances at Molineux.

Sep 2, 2008
So you're saying Baxter's move to us was fuelled by his desire to play for Memphis 901 FC in the American second division?
Fair point…I should have worded that better. What I was trying to say was that I believe Baxter was basically putting himself in the shop window and looking for a different opportunity.

The funny thing is; you laugh and suggest that the American second division is a backward step but he still elected to go there. If I remember correctly Lowe is on record saying he wanted to keep him so I guess for Baxter it did actually work out. Perhaps he just wanted to play in the US irrespective of the standard.

I’ll be very surprised if Galloway is with us in Feb 22.

Sep 2, 2008
My memory of Doumbe was racing back towards goal and tackling a player clean through at Wolves. Best tackle I’ve ever seen by an Argyle player….but my memory could be wrong unless he had two exceptional performances at Molineux.
I thought that was at our place. Was a cracking tackle although I’m pretty sure it was his mistake or bad positioning that allowed the player to get in on goal.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Doumbe had many mistakes in him BUT his pace meant he could rectify a lot of errors. Loved him as a player.