Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Back in April the Club published its Environmental Plan, flying to Spain wouldn’t seem to fit in with the Club’s stated aim of reducing its carbon footprint.

Well, seeing as it was a commercial flight it would have flown whether we were on it or not. So it’s having the same environmental impact it would have had if we had stayed and trained at Harpers Park.

As a result of going to Spain, our 30 man group won’t be commuting to Home Park everyday for 5 days, thus reducing their carbon footprint.

So overall we’ve probably reduced our carbon footprint which I’m sure you’ll be bloody chuffed about and give a big well done to all involved (y)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In recent years the club have usually arranged a pre-season trip abroad during the summer, even during the Covid era a trip was organised to Scotland.
When Derek Adams was manager the squad even when to Spain in midwinter in February for two seasons.

It's a break away from the norm with no distractions.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim
Oct 14, 2015
Great camaraderie for the whole squad. Something very noticeable how together the whole squad seemed to be last season and how it was often commented upon on PASOTI.

Warm weather training is ideal preparation for the long season ahead. I’ve done it as an athlete, gone away to warmer climates for several weeks before the athletics season started. Works wonders. Came back as fit as a butchers dog.

Just isn’t the same doing it in the UK.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
A lot of these clubs have more money than sense. I thought we didn't. If we were to spend money on flying would be better to do so flying up North for games or mid Winter warm weather training.
I'm not sure you are getting the point and reason for the trip. Again I will leave it to the professionals and qualified to make the judgement on what's best for the players, I'll also leave it up to the chairman/board to decide what the money is used for.

Sep 6, 2006
Great camaraderie for the whole squad. Something very noticeable how together the whole squad seemed to be last season and how it was often commented upon on PASOTI.

Warm weather training is ideal preparation for the long season ahead. I’ve done it as an athlete, gone away to warmer climates for several weeks before the athletics season started. Works wonders. Came back as fit as a butchers dog.

Just isn’t the same doing it in the UK.
I get the point of warm weather training. But the weather is warm in the UK in July!

Jan 13, 2022
Looks like fans will be allowed from what I’ve been told. Will be heading up there myself if any other greens in the area