Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We've moved out and Hull City have moved in and have a match against Malaga at the training centre.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think they knew the warmer weather was due after their away jaunt, very clever Argyle...
Warmer weather training on its way

May 13, 2022
I think they knew the warmer weather was due after their away jaunt, very clever Argyle...
Warmer weather training on its way
Have the club ever referred to this trip as warm-weather training? I'm not sure they have. I think that's an assumption some people have jumped to by conflating winter warm-weather training camps that happen to take place in warmer countries, such as Spain, with the fact that this overseas pre-season training camp is taking place in Spain: it's happening in Spain, which is a hot place = it's happening there because it's warmer!? 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Also, none the guys who don't the purpose of this trip ever been on an overseas tour with a sports team or other group? If they had they'd appreciate how spending a lot of time at close quarters with teammates can be a great way to help groups get to know each other better, bond, build relationships with each other – it might even help to nip in the bud any cliques that might have started to form.

There are all sorts of benefits that come from a trip away as a group. Whenever I've been on an overseas tour it's really helped the group I've toured with. Also, under the current stewardship, I'm sure the club wouldn't be doing it if they couldn't afford it.

May 8, 2011
Have the club ever referred to this trip as warm-weather training? I'm not sure they have. I think that's an assumption some people have jumped to by conflating winter warm-weather training camps that happen to take place in warmer countries, such as Spain, with the fact that this overseas pre-season training camp is taking place in Spain: it's happening in Spain, which is a hot place = it's happening there because it's warmer!? 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Also, none the guys who don't the purpose of this trip ever been on an overseas tour with a sports team or other group? If they had they'd appreciate how spending a lot of time at close quarters with teammates can be a great way to help groups get to know each other better, bond, build relationships with each other – it might even help to nip in the bud any cliques that might have started to form.

There are all sorts of benefits that come from a trip away as a group. Whenever I've been on an overseas tour it's really helped the group I've toured with. Also, under the current stewardship, I'm sure the club wouldn't be doing it if they couldn't afford it.
As there were only two new players in the tour party does that mean that if we do sign 3 more players the squad will be going away again so that they can bond and build relationships?

• Haha
Reactions: Jenko14
Jun 27, 2019
As there were only two new players in the tour party does that mean that if we do sign 3 more players the squad will be going away again so that they can bond and build relationships?
The players have been apart for two months. Pre-season trips are as much about rebuilding existing connections as they are about establishing new ones.

Your comment is pretty childish to be honest.

Sep 2, 2008
The players have been apart for two months. Pre-season trips are as much about rebuilding existing connections as they are about establishing new ones.

Your comment is pretty childish to be honest.
I would even go so far to say that this is the main reason for such trips. Certainly was when I used to go on such things in my playing days.

Reactions: Jenko14

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
One of those comments that needed to be deleted before pressing send.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Why respond to what are obvious wind up comments, maybe it would be more effective to leave them to wither on an unfed vine.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Apologies if that's how you choose to interpret it. I live 20 minutes walk away so was simply sharing what I understood to be happening. Unfortunately being in the UK this week I relied on a friend for the latest info. Believe it or not many other Argyle fans do holiday and live in the area and might have been interested in the Preston and Forest games also.
Sorry Jerry I only meant it to be tongue in cheek. But appreciate it didn’t come across that way - so I apologise.