Torquay v Argyle Match Thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Torquay v Argyle Match Thread

Nov 2, 2004
Perfect final run out. The main thing to take from all the friendly games is that Randell is making selection very difficult for Lowe, he cannot be left waiting for long.

• Sad
Reactions: Argylegames
D

Deleted member 9145

Well Craske and Shirley had much more about them than Law & Broom. Randell must be close to inclusion.

Jephcott just not at the races. Despite the naysayers I think Hardie & Ennis is a decent front 2.

Jul 6, 2011
Randell in Camara's position. P.C. goes slow after a good start and passes back or sideways more often than not, I think he's turning into Grant.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Only 3 - 0 against a non league team. We’re doomed. Doomed I tellee
Would have expected that by half-time. Would also have expected no chopping and changing of the team. Treat it like a league game with restricted subs allowed.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
If someone could write down on the back of a postage stamp exactly what Jephcott does it would be appreciated.
Shirley has done more with his first 3 touches than Jephcott did in 80 mins.
Do Truro have a recall clause ?

You could use the spare space to add War & Peace and the works of Shakespeare.

Reactions: saxman

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We play as a team - RL will know from todays showing who is not cutting the mustard at this present time-

I see the scapegoating has started early doors so who will it be Danny or Jephs

The way some people talk certain players shouldnt be anywhere near a dressing room or pitch- that is really disrespectful

Jephs probably knows what is currently lacking in his game but you dont throw him under the bus- RL being a former striker will know what issues Jephs has got & will encourage him to work through it- he does not become a bad player over night

One thing i noticed during the game was the amount of headers won in defence & the improvement in free kicks & corners - but no doubt some people will not be happy with the performance over the 90 minutes as they probably expected us to win by a bigger margin

Torquay are no mugs- they pressed got in our faces but we kept our shape & our discipline & the defence did not look flustered no keystone cops last minute defending

RL will take what he needs from pre season into the coming season- we are not the finished article

Lets see where we are end of September beginning of October before we pass judgement

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Jephcott is trying to get a transfer. He's been pretty ineffectual for ages, particularly in pre-season when you expect him up for it. Against 'borough he looked well off the pace of either thought or action.

Reactions: siddled

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If someone could write down on the back of a postage stamp exactly what Jephcott does it would be appreciated.
Shirley has done more with his first 3 touches than Jephcott did in 80 mins.
Do Truro have a recall clause ?
Why would Truro have a recall clause on a player who was never contracted to them?? :unsure:

Aug 24, 2009
Jephcott will come good, Once again he should have scored a couple today although what is encouraging is that he finds space in the box, I would be concerned if he did not, and this will lead to scoring once again, the question is how long do we waite. Ennis looks really good and Hardie not far behind although he seems to take ages before he shoots. although his goal was well taken. Shirley looks a good prospect.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Jephcott will come good, Once again he should have scored a couple today although what is encouraging is that he finds space in the box, I would be concerned if he did not, and this will lead to scoring once again, the question is how long do we waite. Ennis looks really good and Hardie not far behind although he seems to take ages before he shoots. although his goal was well taken. Shirley looks a good prospect.
On pre-season you have to rank the strikers Ennis, Hardie, Shirley, Jephcott

Reactions: Samson
Apr 1, 2009
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Jephcott is trying to get a transfer. He's been pretty ineffectual for ages, particularly in pre-season when you expect him up for it. Against 'borough he looked well off the pace of either thought or action.
A strange comment. If you want a transfer you surely have to impress other managers and make them want you. Jephcott may have been on a few manager wish lists in January, but I can't imagine he's a priority for many at present.