Top two leagues invited to trial Safe Standing. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Top two leagues invited to trial Safe Standing.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I, like Pogles and others, am probably too old and decrepit to stand for two hours any more.
However, I just wonder how this will go, when it inevitably happens. Back in the day, the joy of standing was enhanced by the surge of the crowd when a goal was scored and the euphoria and elation this brought about.
You could run around (at HP at least), hug the fan in front or behind and generally go mad for a few seconds.
The crush in the Devonport End on occasion and in my experiences at some first division (now EPL) grounds and a full Wembley were incredible.
Will this be possible with rail standing? No. You will presumably have to stay in your designated area. Therefore, I just wonder if it is all worth the hype?
Bring back unsafe standing!! :cool::ROFLMAO:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I just hope they never take my seat away completely. I like to use it before the game and at half time.
But that is surely how safe standing is supposed to operate. You either have the seats locked down, which makes standing difficult, or you have the seats locked up to make a standing area. The two are not supposed to be mixed. Having seats down in a standing area is a hazard as people try to walk along the rails.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
But that is surely how safe standing is supposed to operate. You either have the seats locked down, which makes standing difficult, or you have the seats locked up to make a standing area. The two are not supposed to be mixed. Having seats down in a standing area is a hazard as people try to walk along the rails.
That's not the system that has been installed at the Etihad and Stamford Bridge.

Having been to both this season, if the seats has been the locked up/down type and it was a fixture where they are in the locked down position it would be very difficult for people to get past those already sitting down to get to their seat.

At Chelsea the depth of each step (front to back) is only 0.75 meters which only allows people to pass each other if the seat can be flipped up as they normally do. It is said that Tottenham has been designed to incorporate safe standing with locked seats but for other clubs it will involve a lot more than just ripping out the current seats and bringing in the locked type of safe standing. I therefore believe that we are more likely to get seating as it is now but with a safety rail between each row that will make the standing that currently goes on, safer than it is now.