Toothpaste update | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Toothpaste update

J

jannerjoe

rumours were he was going to Southend with Luggy on a 3 year rolling loan, although i didn't think he had quite that long left on his contract.

This rumour came from another thread, talking about mpenza joining southend on a pay per play basis, because of their financial difficulties

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
MacLean is on 5K a week and has one year left on his contract.He couldn't get anywhere near that figure elsewhere.Keith Todd has gone on the record as saying he will not settle up player's contracts.On that basis it looks like MacLean is here for another twelve months.

C

carlos

Things change, bad info, but anyhow he has by reports had another good pre-season, but he had a decent one last year.

Think watch this space, PR knows what he is doing, although has to give clean slates to be honest with himself and players that he has given them a chance.

Feb 29, 2008
We need to give Maclean a chance, best case is he does well for us, gets us back into the CCC and justifies his fee/wages. The cost of letting him rot in the reserves is about 500k :shock:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Spanglito":35f817ed said:
Look's like the total opposite of what i said will now transpire. Sorry guys lol. I'm just off to execute my source

Execute him anyway, can't sell a house that he doesn't own :)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
MacLean interview

The Pilgrims' record signing, who cost the club £500,000 when he was bought from Cardiff City in January 2008, has also demonstrated his play-making ability, as well as his prowess in the penalty area. When he was asked how he rated his prospects of facing the Saints, he replied: "I've done OK, and I'd like to think I've got a good chance.

"Obviously, it's down to the manager. He will pick a side that he thinks will beat Southampton and, hopefully, I can be in it – if I'm here."

The 27-year-old has spent too long in the game to rule out the prospect of leaving Plymouth in another loan move, if not in a full transfer. He knows that Argyle badly need to reduce the size of their squad for financial reasons.

"Let's be honest, the club are probably looking to get rid of a few players," MacLean added. "I think it's common knowledge. Whether I'm going to be here or not, I don't know. But, if I'm here, I'll be working hard, I'll want to play, and I'll be trying to get in the team.

"I haven't been to the manager and told him I want to leave. My situation is the same as it has always been. If I'm here, I want to play. We'll see where it takes me."

Jun 24, 2008
cheshiregreen":lu9uuv1f said:
MacLean interview

The Pilgrims' record signing, who cost the club £500,000 when he was bought from Cardiff City in January 2008, has also demonstrated his play-making ability, as well as his prowess in the penalty area. When he was asked how he rated his prospects of facing the Saints, he replied: "I've done OK, and I'd like to think I've got a good chance.

"Obviously, it's down to the manager. He will pick a side that he thinks will beat Southampton and, hopefully, I can be in it – if I'm here."

The 27-year-old has spent too long in the game to rule out the prospect of leaving Plymouth in another loan move, if not in a full transfer. He knows that Argyle badly need to reduce the size of their squad for financial reasons.

"Let's be honest, the club are probably looking to get rid of a few players," MacLean added. "I think it's common knowledge. Whether I'm going to be here or not, I don't know. But, if I'm here, I'll be working hard, I'll want to play, and I'll be trying to get in the team.

"I haven't been to the manager and told him I want to leave. My situation is the same as it has always been. If I'm here, I want to play. We'll see where it takes me."

Top lad. Having heard what i have from the pre-season campaign id like to see him given a chance and i think he's earnt one for his performances so far. We'll see i guess, might just be the same old macca when it comes to southampton game but everyone deserves a chance

M

Mike Hughes

If we play football he could be a big asset, but if we revert to hoofball he'll struggle.

Jun 8, 2009
oddball":3gthwwxi said:
MacLean is on 5K a week and has one year left on his contract.He couldn't get anywhere near that figure elsewhere.Keith Todd has gone on the record as saying he will not settle up player's contracts.On that basis it looks like MacLean is here for another twelve months.

and yet a week later , the board went and released Alan Gow from his. Sums them up really...

Jun 8, 2009
graiser":1lqoodq8 said:
there's a difference between paying up a contract and releasing a player, we said we wouldn't settle any contract and from reports we haven't, so give the board a break ffs

well gow had a year left on his , so i'm guessing they payed his up, as you have to if you release a player from his contract early (I'm not 100% sure)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The club and Gow could have negotiated on the matter, which would include his agent. If he hated Plymouth and God's own team that much he might have foregone some of the value in his contract to get back to Scotland.