Too comfortable without intervention | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Too comfortable without intervention

Aug 13, 2011
I think one problem which underlies Arglye's flagging fortunes this season comes from not having any particular over-viewing person of authority to motivate or expediate matters of concern. I think Peter Ridsdale would have been this man but WHERE is his replacement? Are we so unattractive a proposition no one wants the football chairman role? It's curious?

What we do have is a raw Chairman as regards the footballing world, learned in terms of business acumen but still very much plying his trade at Home Park. We have a rookie manager, also serving what seems an unchallengable apprenticeship, who has with him a simlilarly underqualified assistant. Then we have ageing senior players doing their best to teach a bunch of young players old tricks. In some ways Darren Purse is the most notable football authority on the premises! The set up seems skewed. It's not healthy.

I think the trouble is it's all too comfortable while there is no reliable monitoring or appraisal of what constitutes a good or poor job. From an outsiders perspective It's difficult to grasp just who is really steering the ship, especially now we have hit troubled seas with results dipping markedly and a position just above the drop zone disconcerting? . Just who IS navigating?? Or more to the point who is capable of an accurate diagnosis of our immediate requirements? There seems a void here.

Brent backs Fletcher, Fletcher backs Brent and that's it, that's the cycle completed. You don't hear much from other board members. And if they are both rookies how can this be tangible? Frankly the situation minus any intervention from an experienced campaigner is worrying as we are ultimately at risk of letting in more water than we can bail out this season. I mean by that we just could lose our league status and that would be a disaster bigger than any personality out there......