• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Tony Rees RIP

L

LeamingtonGreen

I'm very sorry to hear your news Emu and my thoughts are with you and your family. Your dad will be green army forever and you must be very proud of him for organising the statue which was built in Portland Square. Well done that man and rest in peace.

Jul 25, 2006
Leighton Buzzard
Sorry to hear about your loss. My dad was a season ticket holder for decades until he died - used to phone me straight after every goal at Home Park, and I still expect the phone to ring.
I used to call him from away grounds, and still reach for my phone now when there's a goal.

Keepitgreen

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
RIP fellow Green. Our thoughts are with you and your family Emu.

Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Sorry to hear that mate. There is a great poem about only passing through a door and being in another room I'm sure someone will recall it. But it is a really comforting. Will have a look.

Death is nothing at all by Henry Scott Holland.

G

Greenskin

Deepest sympathy,i know what you're going through from my own experience,time is a great healer even though you may not think so at the moment.

The Doctor

Lowey Sponsor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Sep 15, 2003
This is a sad loss, and one which, as Emu already knows, resonates extremely strongly with the way I lost my father some years ago. Tony was someone I knew at work and who I saw, and nattered with, every match at Home Park up in the back of the Lyndhurst. He was a really friendly and kind bloke, with, as has already been mentioned, a passionate interest in local history. Unlike many people he was someone who didn't just talk, but made things happen, as evidenced by his instrumental role in driving forwards the project for the Portland Square memorial. I just hope he enjoys the view of Home Park from 'up there' and one things for certain, he'll be good company for those Greens already there.

RIP Tony

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Sep 15, 2003
Even though I knew about your dad a few days ago Phil, I read that this morning and it still brought a tear to the eye.

RIP and our thoughts are with you and your family Phil.

M

MoistVonLipwig

Sorry to hear this Phil.

RIP.

My thoughts are with you and your family.