• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Tony Hooper RIP

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Oh goodness me.

Over the past weeks I’ve become a little immune to bad-news stories, but this has hit like a ton of bricks.

I have stayed in regular contact with Tony since the ill-fated PASB days, & have got on famously well with him to this day.

Indeed, I have a couple of favours outstanding that I owe him.

This has brought tears of sadness - God Speed TH & the fullest of love to his family.

Jun 27, 2019
I first met Tony about ten years ago and always found him friendly and keen to help a fellow Argyle fan.

This is extremely sad - he will be a loss to the wider Argyle community.

dunlop

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Nov 17, 2009
Really sad news. I had many spats with Tony when he was on the GASB but over he years we became good football mates.

Argyle Nutter

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Oh what terrible news, He was a real gentleman and despite some strange ways of showing it, He really was a die hard Argyle fan at heart. I really feel for his family as I know the pain they are going through. I have just been through this with my Mum it took a week from being on the Golf course to having to switch off Her life support. it really is the most harrowing experience.
RIP Tony & thoughts go out to your Family

Brian

ZeeZan6

Lowey Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nottingham
This news deeply saddens me.
I have so many fond memories with Tony. Fierce in his opinions, and Argyle to the core.

Thank you for updating us Stew.

Thoughts are with Tony, Lynda and their family and friends xx

Dec 15, 2012
I haven’t been on PASOTI for a while but had just received a message regarding this news.

I know I can speak for everyone at PASTA when I say this is just awful, awful news.

Tony had been a strong contributor and supporter of PASTA for many years.

I had the pleasure of regularly chatting to Tony at away games and indeed at our meet ups in Bristol and down the Brit on a match day.

His job, phenomenally interesting, although he never actually divulged much as he was a real pro, did produce an insight into a man who didn’t miss much, and when he spoke it was with real knowledge on a subject.

His passion for Argyle was clear for all to see.

Tony, you are a true Pilgrim, and a bloody good bloke.

A sad day indeed.

Matt Chappell
PASTA

stewthenoo

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
All,

I have just heard from his family and Tony has sadly passed away.

"Fair Winds and Calm Seas", my friend.

May 3, 2016
RIP Tony
A true Argyle fan will sadly miss your view on all things Argyle.
Have a good debate on the other side my friend.