Today's Game of Interest | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Today's Game of Interest

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I’m afraid I now think this is the most likely scenario based on nothing but gut feeling. I can just see Hull beating us on the last day ensuring their own play-off place whilst relegating us - it’s got fate written all over it.

Or Stansfield scoring a last-minute winner for Birmingham...

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Huddersfield & Birmingham are 23rd & 22nd. What good would a point really be, especially to Huddersfield? If Huddersfield aren't winning but their drawing with 80 mins of the match played, expect Huddersfield to put all their chips in the pot on this game. Especially when Ipswich await them in the final game

Rowett just has to keep it tight, and counter attack Huddersfield knowing they need to win. It's perfect for Rowett's style of play.
I didn't offer a tactical analysis on how each team might approach the game.

I just set out how I would like the results to go.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The Hull game will be torture especially when you factor in the poor phone signal at Home Park and needing to know how other teams are doing.
However there's also someone who manages to get a single bar of signal and the messages get passed around real quick.

In these situations there's always an incorrect score mumbled through the stands.
I remember being at Hartlepool v Doncaster a few years back on the final day as I couldn't get to Grimsby (A). Hartlepool scored two late goals and looked like they were going to stay up until Newport scored an even later goal against Notts County. A few minutes after that someone in the stand started saying Notts County had equalised, so the Hartlepool fans thought they were safe again, until the final whistle went when they realised Notts hadn't actually scored. Would have been horrible to be in there as a Pools fan I'd imagine!

Jun 27, 2019
I remember being at Hartlepool v Doncaster a few years back on the final day as I couldn't get to Grimsby (A). Hartlepool scored two late goals and looked like they were going to stay up until Newport scored an even later goal against Notts County. A few minutes after that someone in the stand started saying Notts County had equalised, so the Hartlepool fans thought they were safe again, until the final whistle went when they realised Notts hadn't actually scored. Would have been horrible to be in there as a Pools fan I'd imagine!
I only remember that game for the abbreviations Sky chose to display in the score graphic at the top of the screen. HAR for Hartlepool and DON for Doncaster...

Yes I am childish.