The Team is Good | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Team is Good

W

Wilfredo

PlymouthLoyal":3q4oxx92 said:
Qoo3939L":3q4oxx92 said:
And Crap!!!!!!!!
He's 18 years old has a lot of potential they're not going to rush him into playing week in week out for the 1st team neither will they with Harvey ...

:facepalm:

Harvey has scored 1 goal and your pinning your hopes on him already? He played well yes but i'd like to see him play a few more times before i judge him properly.

Sounds familiar, probably from the same brigade that thought fireman Sam (excuse the pun) was the answer to all our striker problems. Like I said when he scored his first goal "One swallow doesn't make a summer'. Sell Feeney and give Chadwick to Truro (thats his level) loan Simms / Lennox and Lecointe. Sign Madjo and Moseley

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

# fletcher out

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
I think its unfair to criticise young players like Mat and Luke, they are still learning and are playing for a struggling team,they will only get better. If they were playing in a succesfull team it would show how good they were. The players who wont be getting better are the Feeneys Chadders Griffs Wottons and Purses of this world who are probably getting worse,they are the ones who should replaced at the end of the season. I think the present team including the youngsters are good enough to keep us up especialy if we sign Mac or another striker in Jan. Roll on tomorrow and another 3points ;) Still think Fletch should be replaced.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Qoo3939L":newb2tuf said:
i
ve said in my posts
Get rid of 4 players and buy one
if 4 players are being paid in total Ā£ 2000
send that on a decent striker
instead of sharing it around 4 crap players

Indeed you did. In your first post you suggested selling ( no one will buy them BTW) 4 strikers and pinning all your hopes on one 17 year old and one as yet un named replacement. Hopefully no injuries or suspensions then.

Later you suggested James Brent gamble on funding new players in the hope that the crowds return. I've explained why I don't agree with the latter.

The former, whilst it is universally agreed that none of Chadwick, Griffiths, Lecointe and Feeney are who we can rely on to be prolific I would say the problem has been the tinkering of the playing personnel all over the park but particularly the strike force that has caused problems.
Feeney and Chadwick have always been more known as a supporting forward but we've had to play them at times as our only option at the front. Griffiths, because of his record was brought in to be that striker but with little success and again because he's been played on his own.

Recently, we have seen how first Andres then Lennox has benefited from plying behind the front man and now we also have Harvey who I would say fills the same role as both Andres and Lennox and even Macdonald should he be recruited.

One question I have is about Vassell who, has been offered an extension. At 19 he's two years older than Harvey so when will he get a chance. I'm not advocating playing yet another teen but it should now be assumed he's the last of a long list of forwards that won't get a game.

We do need to sell, but the only ones we can get a fee for are the ones we need to progress. Unfortunately.

W

Wilfredo

Clem":2gpujlb8 said:
I think its unfair to criticise young players like Mat and Luke, they are still learning and are playing for a struggling team,they will only get better. If they were playing in a succesfull team it would show how good they were. The players who wont be getting better are the Feeneys Chadders Griffs Wottons and Purses of this world who are probably getting worse,they are the ones who should replaced at the end of the season. I think the present team including the youngsters are good enough to keep us up especialy if we sign Mac or another striker in Jan. Roll on tomorrow and another 3points ;) Still think Fletch should be replaced.

Another 3 points you make it sound like it's a regular thing !!!

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Wilfredo":gsmevmnz said:
Clem":gsmevmnz said:

Another 3 points you make it sound like it's a regular thing !!!
Did you notice the wink.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Ade the green":12hogq09 said:
Qoo3939L":12hogq09 said:
Thank you Compton Green Some people have not read my first post properly.
I didnt intend it to be a slanging match about Lecointe (Although I still stand by all I said) but get rid of the deadwood, Loan out Lecointe if hes not going to play and by a decent striker who can score goals. No need for money to be spent on a striker coach spend it on a Decent striker problem solved!!!!!

Give the man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish he'll eat forever.

A striker coach might be what we need but probably don't.

All the strikers at the club could decide to spend an hour every so often practising on their own. Question is, do they?

I can't believe the number of times we have discussed ''training'' It seems to appear every week. Last season we discussed it daily from about Jan onwards based on the share price of Nandos. I've suggested the players should practice pens, shooting, crossing etc and I have been put down by some. Even our great Steve Evans was put down for daring to suggest a lack of training.
Think back to Leicester in there CCC play-off some years back. 1 pen miss (and yes I know the French idiot completely fleaked it up but its the story) cost that club possible Prem and Ā£millions.
We do not have the spare room to miss too many opportunities - the consequences could be dire. I also snigger at the ''go and get a 15-20 goal scorer'' I'm certain we couldn't buy one so we look at other avenues. Non-league prolifics - 3 tried and 2 failed with the 3rd still being assessed. Maybe its Tommy Tyler ?? If so who do we play with him ?? Barry Hayles anyone :lol:

memory man

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ade the green":3sob9df6 said:
Qoo3939L":3sob9df6 said:
Agree if hes not good enough for Aldershot hes not good enough for Argyle
Get in a decent striker pay the money Mr Brent and get the fans back
More Fans mean better money More money means better Players
Its not rocket science just good business sense

Where have you been the last 6 years. It was overstratching the budget that got us in the mess we were in.

Pay more for players in the hope that more fans come through the gates bringing their hard earned with them.
The fans don't return so the owner has to keep baling out the club. The owner gets hacked off with baling out the club so starts looking for a way out. He's promised investment from Japan so borrows against his tax bill to fund transfers. Taxman finds out and applies for a winding up order. Club goes into administration.

Been there, got the t shirt.

Excellent post Ade the Green. History seems to indicate that we have the club we deserve. Even during the most successful seasons since WW2, the fans have never consistently turned out in the numbers needed. The really good sides put together by Dave Smith and Holloway did not get the solid backing their efforts (and league position) deserved. Occasional peaks yes, but not solid, week in week out support.
Whilst the season ticket is a benchmark of a real supporter, the more important people at this time have become the 2000 to 3000 'floaters'. If they were to start displaying the same fantastic faith as the season ticket holders, we would be taking in an extra 40 to 60k a fortnight. At this level that would quickly raise enough to buy a half-decent forward.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Tugboat":1prgq6ym said:
Qoo3939L":1prgq6ym said:
i
ve said in my posts
Get rid of 4 players and buy one
if 4 players are being paid in total Ā£ 2000
send that on a decent striker
instead of sharing it around 4 crap players

His would you move these players on?

If they're crap then no one is gonna take them on a free.
If they're still under contract we aren't gonna pay it up to release them.

If I understand these posts correctly I assume that all the players who are deemed by 'fans' as being crap will no doubt thrive at other league clubs, as has happened time and time again in the past.