The Other Cream Tea Question! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Other Cream Tea Question!

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
By the time I’ve put my cream on (first) usually little room for jam. But I do prefer blackcurrant

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
By the time I’ve put my cream on (first) usually little room for jam. But I do prefer blackcurrant
And that's where you are going wrong you see. With the jam (raspberry or strawberry preferred) first method, I can put as much jam as I like and still add a whopping great dollop of cream on top.
Jobs a good 'un!!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I can make a mountain of a scone by putting cream on first, and then jam. It's all about technique.

As for the jam itself, I'm fairly agnostic ... although my favourite is strawberry, if pushed. That being said I had a couple of home-made scones over the weekend where I had chilli-jam on one, and lemon curd (again, home made) on another.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Has to be raspberry for me! Not only because I like it, but also because I'm allergic to strawberries(Yes even in jam!)
The other argument, of course, is whether you spread your cream and jam on a scone or on a Devon tuff.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I can’t believe this conversation is happening. A cream tea has strawberry jam and that’s the end of it. If you want another version of jam with your cream and scones, crack on, but it’s not a cream tea. You’ll be discussing what type of cream to use next!

Reactions: Mat

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I can’t believe this conversation is happening. A cream tea has strawberry jam and that’s the end of it. If you want another version of jam with your cream and scones, crack on, but it’s not a cream tea. You’ll be discussing what type of cream to use next!
Anything else other than Rhoddas?

May 22, 2006
God, I swear you guys don't even know you're in a box, let alone how to think outside of it.

A spoonful of nutella knocks spots off your ancient jammy nonsense.

• Wow
Reactions: smudja