The lad selling 50/50 scarves ... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The lad selling 50/50 scarves ...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just thinking about 'today's society' etc, all the posts I have made about 50/50 scarves are a joke nothing more.

Reactions: Daz

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
When Kidderminster played Reading in the cup I saw a few 50/50 scarves.

I mean Kidderminster and Reading....that is a pretty depressing scarf.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I wonder where the half and half scarf graveyard is. They must dump them somewhere every week. These things are dated for heaven's sake and they always seem to have loads left after the game.

Dec 30, 2020
I doubt he is local
Yeah it's like ticket touts outside gigs - they've always got cockney/south east accents. Every time you see unofficial merchandise traders it'll be the same guys knocking out the same generic designs in different colours, wherever they think there's a market.

Reactions: Pilgrim Dan

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah it's like ticket touts outside gigs - they've always got cockney/south east accents. Every time you see unofficial merchandise traders it'll be the same guys knocking out the same generic designs in different colours, wherever they think there's a market.
And the guy there on Saturday was probaly sent there by whoever makes them. No need for idiots to abuse him face to face. Go to any premier league game and they are being sold. If you don't want one don't buy one, don't confront him like i saw.

Dec 30, 2020
And the guy there on Saturday was probaly sent there by whoever makes them. No need for idiots to abuse him face to face. Go to any premier league game and they are being sold. If you don't want one don't buy one, don't confront him like i saw.

'whoever makes them' is presumably a factory in China or somewhere, knocking them out to order without much regard for environmental or labour standards.

Whether the seller then takes them around the country themselves or pays someone to do it, I'm not going to cry too hard if they get a few harsh words in the course of their business. Not a very savoury trade and potentially taking money away from Argyle.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
'whoever makes them' is presumably a factory in China or somewhere, knocking them out to order without much regard for environmental or labour standards.

Whether the seller then takes them around the country themselves or pays someone to do it, I'm not going to cry too hard if they get a few harsh words in the course of their business. Not a very savoury trade and potentially taking money away from Argyle.
As you don’t know anything about him/them I think your post tells us more about you than them. Just walk on and don’t be knob is all I’m saying.

Jan 2, 2010

So what's different about this guy compared to Nike, Puma, Adidas, etc. all using cheap Chinese or similar cheap labour to mass produce and sell with a huge mark up?