• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

The Irish consortium - New News!!

Jul 29, 2010
Expanding on this from another thread.......

Greenarmyfever":3v0u3nn0 said:
tweet from Matt Slater (BBC) "Argyle update: #pafc cva is approved (less than 1p in £ pay-out) but it seems Brent bid has been trumped by Irish consortium"

He's reliable, a previously good source, I reckon that's the best nod yet.

I know nothing is confirmed, we're outside the box here, but could we have a group head-scratch of what's known or believed about these people?. It's the one bid with the most questions because it's been the most candid, we won't be able to conclude anything from it at this stage I guess but............

They're unnamed, yes/no?.

They're previously involved in property development, yes/no?.

They have no previous connection with football, yes/no?.

I have to say it doesn't bode too well for me but even I can't make a knee-jerk over reaction on that alone :lol:.

What more do we know?.............

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Add to that, what was the detail of their negotiating position with PCC? Was it sale and lease back of HP or development of the footprint?

Jul 29, 2010
BALDY-OG":2ontrqcm said:
Add to that, what was the detail of their negotiating position with PCC? Was it sale and lease back of HP or development of the footprint?

Yep, that's a good one, we know they were in negotiations with PCC.

(mods, if it goes to plan this should be factual thread not a bunch of rumours :wink:)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
"A group of Irish investors who are interested in buying Plymouth Argyle are to meet with representatives of Plymouth City Council.

The unnamed consortium wants to discuss how much development would be allowed around the club's Home Park ground before making a formal offer."

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13117858

One can only assume that (whatever the nature of their discussion) they are satisfied with what PCC will allow them to do with the site...

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
Dec 30, 2004
I would think that this consortium has been around a long time(ie not just formed)and may have been involved in bids for other clubs in administration,(eg Southampton).

Jun 18, 2006
PLYMOUTH
brenda mentioned they had a football background, the rest will be pure speculation until they become public, on another thread i have put forward the name of tom anderson he was involved in a failed takeover of southampton in 2009,part of the family that owns anderson ward cinema chain,they also have other leisure interests. according to wiki they are a very complex group with no single holding company but lots of linked companies,the football link although very slim is that one of the co founders was a pro footballer for man city although he is 89 now,the main company is family run but they also have their own companies and investments,they have bought companies out of administration.apparently they are vey hard and are known to be quite volatile at agm's if they are not happy with the way the companies they have invested in are being run, last bit of info i found now is that the anderson family wealth is around £100 million according to one money website.

however i am only guessing he could be involved and everything above could be total rubbish :)

Apr 6, 2006
argyledj":hb89ajrs said:
brenda mentioned they had a football background, the rest will be pure speculation until they become public, on another thread i have put forward the name of tom anderson he was involved in a failed takeover of southampton in 2009,part of the family that owns anderson ward cinema chain,they also have other leisure interests. according to wiki they are a very complex group with no single holding company but lots of linked companies,the football link although very slim is that one of the co founders was a pro footballer for man city although he is 89 now,the main company is family run but they also have their own companies and investments,they have bought companies out of administration.apparently they are vey hard and are known to be quite volatile at agm's if they are not happy with the way the companies they have invested in are being run, last bit of info i found now is that the anderson family wealth is around £100 million according to one money website.

however i am only guessing he could be involved and everything above could be total rubbish :)
Does anyone know how much they have paid for exclusivity? Was it more or less than the £100K Guilfoyle wanted?

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
oddball":kikhmsyc said:
I would think that this consortium has been around a long time(ie not just formed)and may have been involved in bids for other clubs in administration,(eg Southampton).
Is that an assumption or is there any evidence to support what you say?

Sep 29, 2003
Whoever they are....I'm quite happy to be their advocate and leakee on Pasoti if they want to get in touch....no payment or preferential parking at home park required

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
Dec 30, 2004
BALDY-OG":2ban5sww said:
oddball":2ban5sww said:
Is that an assumption or is there any evidence to support what you say?
Baldy-OG...pure assumption at the moment....

The Doctor

Lowey Sponsor
Sep 15, 2003
Laughter My Ploy":2uxg290x said:
Whoever they are....I'm quite happy to be their advocate and leakee on Pasoti if they want to get in touch....no payment or preferential parking at home park required

I'll do it too on the same terms as LMP but I've got an Irish surname, which must make me a better bet to be sure

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
Dec 30, 2004
Where's PASOTI's special agents in Dublin when you most need them.

Oct 24, 2010
GreenMill":3b5m7hpz said:
argyledj":3b5m7hpz said:

Does anyone know how much they have paid for exclusivity? Was it more or less than the £100K Guilfoyle wanted?
Have they paid for exclusivity? I thought they were just the preferred bidder, does that give them exclusivity?

Feb 26, 2008
A village
argyledj":2v7wzb5l said:

Another guess - the remaining members of the Drumaville consortium that took over Sunderland AFC (minus Niall Quinn and John Hays who are still involved with the club)?