The Hundred | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Hundred

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pathetic circus imo. And who do Somerset supporters cheer for? I'm not the sort of cricket fan that has no time for anything other than Test matches and the County Championship ( although they are my favorites !). I enjoy a T20 game too, but I can't see the point of this at all.
The other reason I don't like it is that 2 years ago, I was lucky enough to see Somerset win the Royal London Cup Final at Lord's - a great day out in the sun. Well that competition has now been seriously undermined by The Hundred in that with all the top players being snapped up for the new tournament, the premier 1 day comp in England for decades now consists mainly of 2nd X1 players and youngsters.
Can't wait for the CC to resume at the end of August! A first CC for Somerset?????
Exactly my thoughts too. I was also at Lords in 2019 too. What a day that was. :)

Reactions: (I'm)Stranded

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pathetic circus imo. And who do Somerset supporters cheer for? I'm not the sort of cricket fan that has no time for anything other than Test matches and the County Championship ( although they are my favorites !). I enjoy a T20 game too, but I can't see the point of this at all.
The other reason I don't like it is that 2 years ago, I was lucky enough to see Somerset win the Royal London Cup Final at Lord's - a great day out in the sun. Well that competition has now been seriously undermined by The Hundred in that with all the top players being snapped up for the new tournament, the premier 1 day comp in England for decades now consists mainly of 2nd X1 players and youngsters.
Can't wait for the CC to resume at the end of August! A first CC for Somerset?????
At least Somerset fans are close enough to Cardiff if they want to take in a game. Here in Plymouth we might just as well choose to go to Lords. At least it is only one train.

Feb 28, 2009
Torquay
It's early days but I haven't seen any attraction to this new format yet.
Nasser Hussein looks right out of plae trying to talk up the early games and only three of the teams are named after cities so I'm not sure how people will identify with teams call Southern Braves or Northern Superchargers.

As others have said, Somerset fans are lumped in with the Welsh but that doesn't work for me so I'll stick to the Championship, One Day and T20 formats.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I don't like this format, but then I don't like Twenty20. However, given the amount of money the ECB have ploughed into this (and they're hardly cash-rich as it is) then, for their sake, I hope this works and they haven't squandered millions into a project when they could have used it better to fund existing levels of the game.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
I don't think the game is meant to appeal to the cricket purist - I think The Hundred has been designed to get new people who aren't currently interested in cricket interested, hence the (near) equal billing of the women's teams and the live music, DJ's and fireworks.

I think the ECB have finally realised (20 years too late) that moving all cricket to Sky has lost a generation of fans and potential players, and now they are trying to reignite interest in the game.

It's working! As a result, my 10 year old son who has never been interested in cricket before has watched a majority of The Hundred games with me, and wanted to go and watch it live. I managed to get tickets for Southern Brave at Southampton on Friday, and most matches appear to have sold out.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Who do Somerset supporters cheer for? Well, Somerset of course. This week, they’ve played and won two 50 over group games at Taunton, against Derbyshire and Glamorgan. The Hundred games are totally meaningless and irrelevant. Somerset supporters also have a home quarter final in the T20 Blast and the completion of the 4 day championship to look forward to, with the team in with a decent chance of winning all three trophies. #blackbird