The Devon AND Cornwall flags. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Devon AND Cornwall flags.

Jul 14, 2008
WoodsyGreen":a9g3v1e0 said:
Is there another club in England that draws support from another county as we do from Cornwall? I'm not talking about people from Surrey 'supporting' Man Utd, I mean a club close to a county border that attracts support from its neighbouring county.
There must be loads of examples. A huge amount of the London clubs support come from the Home Counties for instance.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Seems an odd suggestion if not a wind-up. Born in Plymouth, lived in Saltash most of my life. Argyle is not the team of Cornwall - nor is any single Cornish team no matter where on the pyramid. But Cornish support is vital to the club as are fans anywhere, regardless of a local connection.

It’s Plymouth Argyle.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Great to see the Cornish flag, we have after all always had a great Cornish following, some of my family included.
When Italians ask me where I'm from, I reply 'Plymouth'. Most then give me that never-heard-of-it look, so I clarify by adding 'Cornovaglia' (they don't even have a word for Devon).

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Both flags look fantastic together. Clearly there are a few posters trying to catch a bite...

Of course we are Plymouth Argyle. I would love to hear the 'P...ly...mouth' (like U...ni...ted) chant from the stands again. Probably not heard since the 90s. Says a lot about how we've been marketed for the broader catchment in recent decades.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kernow Park?
The Launceston Stand?
Black Army?

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
jimsing":2cksqvf0 said:
Plymouth will NEVER be Cornish.
Actually it is. The border between Devon & Cornwall is the tide line on the Plymouth side of the Tamar.
Now when your crossing the bridge, the welcome to Plymouth sign is (especially at high tide :D ) some 50metres in Cornwall. :greensmile:

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
WoodsyGreen":1ttxqz9z said:
Is there another club in England that draws support from another county as we do from Cornwall? I'm not talking about people from Surrey 'supporting' Man Utd, I mean a club close to a county border that attracts support from its neighbouring county.

Charlton bus fans up from all over Kent.....you see them parked nearby.

Dec 29, 2016
I'd say 25%of our fans are from across the water and they are an integral part of our fanbase, I've no problem with the flag of At Piran being flown at HP because it deserves to be there, and regarding the comment about fans supporting clubs in different county's, I reckon it's in our favour they do and is because they have no Fully professional club and no other county adjoining them. But the main reason is my wife is Cornish and she told me to say this, only kidding :scarf:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Is it April fools already? This from the man who cant let go of traditional Green !! Seems a radical winde up to me !

We are Plymouth Argyle ! The penninusula club i beleive !

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Martin_Brock":2iij7hg8 said:
Leeds is relatively close to North Yorkshire so will get a lot of supporters from the county, as well as West Yorkshire where Leeds United play.

M
Leeds has half of South Yorkshire as well ! Yorkshire United maybe not sure how Owls or Blades would take that though !

Oct 5, 2013
WoodsyGreen":m4vs76i0 said:
Is there another club in England that draws support from another county as we do from Cornwall?

Probably not in such a clear-cut way, no.

D

Darren Stoneman

We are Plymouth Argyle and always will be Plymouth Argyle.

Any change from that would be akin to a franchise and would be a dire and unforgivable move

Easiest way is to get the three toes from across the bridge to support a club in their own county, then again most have a Plymouth post code

Plymouth born
Plymouth bred
Stand up tall
Kick the Cornish in the Ed!!

:funny:

C

Cult Of Personality

It's just a flag to be honest. Not a particular interesting flag at that but people need to relax and calm down . Much more bigger important things in this world

I had a letter published in the Guardian a few years ago, following an article on the use of the definite article. An Arsenal supporter wrote in to say that his was the only club known referred to by the definite article, so The Arsenal. I reminded the paper that Argyle were regularly referred to locally as The Argyle, or even The Argo.

I’d happily keep the Plymouth bit in, because it’s important we give the city all the national publicity we can.