The Devon AND Cornwall flags. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Devon AND Cornwall flags.

May 22, 2006
We get a lot of supporters who make the time and effort to travel up from Cornwall, so it’s absolutely right they should recognised with their flag. Our main sponsor also have strong connections.

If Truro ever get promoted to the Football League it would be the time to reconsider but presumably that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I have no issue with the Cornish flag being there, but as Doc says, Plymouth’s flag should also be there somewhere.

Drop ‘Plymouth’ from our name? NO!!!

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I'm pleased to see the Cornish flag at Home Park.
We draw a lot of support from Cornwall.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":3tkl0qj6 said:
czdztA0.jpg

Thanks to Chris Errington for the photo.

These flagpoles (and all that entails) have been gifted by an Argyle fan who no longer lives in the area. At a great cost I might add.

Great to see in my book and it does make me think whether the 'Plymouth' part of our name should be dropped. We ARE the team of Cornwall after all, and we also cover most of Devon don't we?

Most Argyle fans hate our team being called simply 'Plymouth' - So why not go for it properly and officially We are bigger than just one City, we can include TWO. Once again adding to our uniqueness.

:scarf:

Are you advocating that we call ourselves "Argyle" and drop the Plymouth, Ian?

Are you kidding?

We are based in Plymouth.

We play our home matches in Plymouth.

History dictates that we call ourselves Plymouth Argyle.

We are named Argyle, from Plymouth, therefore Plymouth Argyle.

Plymouth Argyle we are and Plymouth Argyle we stay.

Actually, it is a good idea, but it will never work!!!

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
A simple solution is needed here. Re- draw county boundaries. Make Plymouth part of Cornwall.
Both Plymouth and Cornwall have the passion. Devon has cream cakes and sleepy towns.

And when Plymouth is Cornish there will be no need to change the name (that would be a big mistake), just the flag.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
How about all incomers with 10 years residency can call themselves Janners, equally ridiculous, really Ian :cool: .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No one can share being a Janner Del but we can share our Argyle. :wave:

May 8, 2011
jimsing":1poylwr1 said:
Plymouth will NEVER be Cornish.

Prior to 1844, parts of present day Plymouth was Cornish as the area around Saltash Passage belonged to Saltash. It was transferred to St Budeaux parish at the same time that Kingsand was transferred from Devon to Cornwall. You can still see the boundary stone between Kingsand and Cawsand.

Jun 27, 2019
Is there another club in England that draws support from another county as we do from Cornwall? I'm not talking about people from Surrey 'supporting' Man Utd, I mean a club close to a county border that attracts support from its neighbouring county.

Dec 3, 2005
We are ARGYLE

WE ARE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

END OF

:scarf:

They will be getting rid of Semper Fidelis for the 2nd half next!!! :scarf:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Lovely to see the flags of the two counties flying side by side but the Club will surely always be Plymouth Argyle.
Just interested, when did the Devon flag appear first? It seems quite a recent thing based upon the Cross of Saint Piran.