The Devon AND Cornwall flags. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Devon AND Cornwall flags.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
czdztA0.jpg

Thanks to Chris Errington for the photo.

These flagpoles (and all that entails) have been gifted by an Argyle fan who no longer lives in the area. At a great cost I might add.

Great to see in my book and it does make me think whether the 'Plymouth' part of our name should be dropped. We ARE the team of Cornwall after all, and we also cover most of Devon don't we?

Most Argyle fans hate our team being called simply 'Plymouth' - So why not go for it properly and officially We are bigger than just one City, we can include TWO. Once again adding to our uniqueness.

:scarf:

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Im fine with the flags. Nice touch. Both are Argyle flags loosely speaking We are a regional club after all....would still call us Plymouth Argyle, reflecting the fact that Plymouth is where we are based. Wonder if the sponser is Cornish ? I'm also sort of OK with us being referred to as Plymouth. Not a big deal really is it ?

Aug 10, 2006
IJN":2t5qzzd8 said:
czdztA0.jpg

These flagpoles (and all that entails) have been gifted by an Argyle fan who no longer lives in the area. At a great cost I might add.

Great to see in my book and it does make me think whether the 'Plymouth' part of our name should be dropped. We ARE the team of Cornwall after all, and we also cover most of Devon don't we?

Most Argyle fans hate our team being called simply 'Plymouth' - So why not go for it properly and officially We are bigger than just one City, we can include TWO. Once again adding to our uniqueness.

you on medication have you had the covid vaccine if that's what it does ill give it a miss, we come from PLYMOUTH we play in PLYMOUTH no need for change thank you very much ps take the Cornish flag down.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":3h0alpc7 said:
czdztA0.jpg

:shocked:

Wtf.

That’s like saying Man Utd should be Global United.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cornish flags are fine in Cornwall..but in Plymouth....no thanks....

May 8, 2011
IJN":h308u8pu said:
czdztA0.jpg

Perhaps we should change our name to D&C United and replace Semper Fidelis with either ‘Hands across the water’ or ‘Bridge over troubled waters’

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I’m Cornish and support Argyle. My kids both born in Plymouth. I imagine many families who watch are the same. The Devon flag flies highest, as it should. But we really are the club of two counties. I’m cool with this flag arrangement. But don’t agree on dropping Plymouth at all.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
We should replace that Corish flag with the Devon flag - after all we are THE team in Devon by a country mile.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We’d be silly not to make the most of being the club of Devon AND Cornwall rather than just Devon.

But yes, definitely keep ‘Plymouth’ still.

May 3, 2016
He's been vaccinated with something Neil :crazy:

I think you will find he his winding everyone up after all he is part Cornish :crazy:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I never really think of Plymouth as being in Devon and, in fact, I always think that the city has a much more Cornish feel about it than a Devonian one. The club draws fans from both counties and I have no problem with both flags flying at Home Park. It would be nice to see the Plymouth city flag alongside them.