The Ashes | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Ashes

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Englands fist innings have been a problem all tour, conceding sizeable leads in all matches.
On a brighter note, snared three quick wickets for thirty odd runs with Broad getting his bunny, Warner for the 14th time, and a duck. A pair and a dropped catch, Warner has had a horror match so far.
Should be a very interesting day three.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just ridiculous. 68-0, now 107-6.

Edit. Another two gone. 115-8.

Last edited:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think they're in a hurry to catch the same plane as Djokovic!

Reactions: greeneagle

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thankfully it's all over. Australia win.

The Mother of all collapses, at 68-0 there was a chance of a win and then 124 all out. Pathetic!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Absolutely pathetic.

They won't be on the plane Posty - they have probably got 56 one-day games lined up - the main cause of our pathetic batting.

Reactions: Nick McFarlane

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Yes, another huge collapse by England when they had areal chance at 68 - 0.
Credit to the Aussies, just too much firepower and generally superior in all aspects of the game. Deservedly retain the Ashes.
England hierarchy have some serious thinking to do and decisions to make.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I'm surprised the Aussies don't suggest that England stop visiting Australia as they aren't worth playing. I'm sure the players would get better matches playing Sheffield Shield.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I see Silverwood is saying changes need to be made but sloping shoulders when it comes to him having any blame. We have been crap(er) since he took over.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m really not sure why people didn’t think this would happened.

We always struggled in Australian conditions.

This team in particular can’t string cricket scores together. You only have to watch them in the past 18 months watching batting collapse after batting collapse.

The one day game was our focus. We are a great team unit in this format. We neglected the skills you need for test cricket. In batting you need technique and patience. Two things in one day slogathon cricket you can get away with.

Once you get over the new ball in Australian conditions you have to make it count. The Fifth test 2nd innings we were roughly 58 for 0. Then we lose the next 10 wickets when the ball is softer for 60 odd runs. Barmy but highlights the issue.

I love watching the Ashes in Australia. Listening to TMS at night. This year l listened to a uncompetitive England team nature which unfortunately meant the writing was on the wall before a ball had been delivered in the first test. Especially as there were no proper warm up games against Australian sides.

The spirt, pride and the weather got us one draw out of five games. It kind of tells its own picture and really we should be thankful for not playing Warne, McGarth and Co…