Team v Rochdale FA Cup | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Team v Rochdale FA Cup

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d certainly be giving Randell a start in this game instead of Houghton. And I’d like to give Pan a rest and maybe start with Broom and Mayor.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'd go for full strength and a chance for the regular players to regain their confidence with a win but I would play Garrick instead of Jephcott and maybe worth having Ennis on the bench for a 10 minute run out.

Cooper
Wilson, Scarr, Gillesphey.
Houghton.
Edwards, Camara, Mayor, Grant.
Hardie, Garrick.

Subs: Burton, Pursall, Law, Randell, Broom, Cooper, Jephcott, Agard, Ennis.

Sep 6, 2006
Fully expect Lowe to rest a few players as Rochdale should not pose too many problems plus a chance to get some good minutes

Lowe has to make changes as mk and sunderland are far more important games so he should rest at least 4 players. We should still comfortably beat rochdsle with these changes
My team would be
Cooper
Wilson scarr gillesphey
Broom pan Houghton mayor Cooper
agard garrick

This saves our hard working wingbacks for MK while giving Coops a run out against lge 2 opposition were he has excelled in the past plus agard deserves a start up front alongside the pace of garrick
This team also accommodates Broom and Mayor!
Subs
jephcot hardie law randell Oscar halls burton waruih
Comfortably beat Rochdale? Really. On what basis? Rochdale are unbeaten in last 9 league games! Don't think you've done your research.

Dec 3, 2005
Argyle announce they will be playing in their white strip - silly me thought that was the point of having an AWAY kit.

Jan 11, 2016
It's a game to be taken seriously and won at the first attempt if possible. Certainly start with the strongest team available, sew it up by 60/65 mins then some subs. Take no risks with Ennis.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I would consider Garrick instead of Jephcott and Randell for Houghton. Otherwise no changes. It's not an easy game but one Argyle need a win from not just for the cup but to restore confidence.

Reactions: elburtontrev
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
All about restoring confidence. Strongest team needed. Make use of reserves = money making 3rd round tie against Premiership outfit.
Exactly that. I know it would also be the same thinking for Rochdale, but the very chance of a moneyspinning tie against [say] Man City or Chelsea would be too much to miss.

Dec 30, 2020
Fully expect Lowe to rest a few players as Rochdale should not pose too many problems plus a chance to get some good minutes

Lowe has to make changes as mk and sunderland are far more important games so he should rest at least 4 players. We should still comfortably beat rochdsle with these changes
My team would be
Cooper
Wilson scarr gillesphey
Broom pan Houghton mayor Cooper
agard garrick

This saves our hard working wingbacks for MK while giving Coops a run out against lge 2 opposition were he has excelled in the past plus agard deserves a start up front alongside the pace of garrick
This team also accommodates Broom and Mayor!
Subs
jephcot hardie law randell Oscar halls burton waruih

You're talking about a team that beat us 4-0 on our own ground in the past year.

This is an important game and we are nowhere near good enough to be peeing around with the starting 11.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cooper

Edwards
Wilson
Scarr
Gillesphy
Grant

Houghton
Randell/Camara

Broom
Mayor

Hardie

I like the formation of 5-2-3 (when out of possession) or 3-4-3 (when in possession) but I'd play Jephcott as the striker in that formation who would be better defensively than Hardie by putting pressure on the opposition defence when we're out of possession. I'd like top see Mayor and Broom either side of Jephcott to give the width in the attacking 3rd to take players on. Having Jephcott who could drop deep would allow Mayor and Broom to run in behind also. Even tho he's a little out of form I still believe that Luke Jephcott is our most clinical striker who even tho he's out of form by his standards (I think his numbers would be better if he played less deep) still boasts a goals per min ratio of a goal every 2.07 matches (31 goals in 5,783 mins).

I'd start with;

Cooper

Edwards
Wilson
Scarr
Gillesphey
Grant

Randell
Camara

Broom
Jephcott
Mayor