Team v Rochdale FA Cup | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team v Rochdale FA Cup

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I think it's a potential banana skin that we'll do well to win.
They will be well up for it and unless we are fully at it we will get turned over. As ever, really. Even if we hadn't lost the last 3 I would still be thinking that way. And we're invariably rubbish when we're on the proper telly.

Sep 6, 2006
I like the formation of 5-2-3 (when out of possession) or 3-4-3 (when in possession) but I'd play Jephcott as the striker in that formation who would be better defensively than Hardie by putting pressure on the opposition defence when we're out of possession. I'd like top see Mayor and Broom either side of Jephcott to give the width in the attacking 3rd to take players on. Having Jephcott who could drop deep would allow Mayor and Broom to run in behind also. Even tho he's a little out of form I still believe that Luke Jephcott is our most clinical striker who even tho he's out of form by his standards (I think his numbers would be better if he played less deep) still boasts a goals per min ratio of a goal every 2.07 matches (31 goals in 5,783 mins).

I'd start with;

Cooper

Edwards
Wilson
Scarr
Gillesphey
Grant

Randell
Camara

Broom
Jephcott
Mayor
He is highly unlikely to change the formation. No pace in that team anyway.

Apr 8, 2021
Strong team needed. I would have thought RL sees this as a ā€˜must winā€™, not for a cup run, but as others have said to restore confidence and then take it back to the League. Put another way, losing to Rochdale on the back of 3 league losses isnā€™t something we can afford.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Strong team needed. I would have thought RL sees this as a ā€˜must winā€™, not for a cup run, but as others have said to restore confidence and then take it back to the League. Put another way, losing to Rochdale on the back of 3 league losses isnā€™t something we can afford.
Exactly this. There is no call to put out a weakened team because Rochdale are a lower League team and, they are playing at home. I can recall them stuffing Argyle last season at HP. Enough said.

Reactions: Sparkypete

ping g5

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 20, 2005
Think we need to go strongest team, if for no other reason than to try and get those players back in the winning habit

Mar 11, 2018
"Clubs can name up to nine substitutes in the competition - using a maximum of five of them". So a fair bit of flexibility in terms of the starting lineup and the bench. We're playing away in the league on Wednesday and again on Saturday against strong teams, so we'll have to manage the players with care. I'm not so keen on a draw given the fixture congestion issue and our priorities, but better than being part of some other team's tale of the romance of the Cup!