Team for today (13th August) Posh. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for today (13th August) Posh.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It’s yet to be seen if two number 10s in a free roaming role playing either side of a striker, who is not known for his hold up play, will be effective. Taylor was meh but did a good job bringing others into the game.

Reactions: elburtontrev
Oct 31, 2015
Didn't realise Posh had won 3 on the bounce, scored 8 and not conceded. That puts tomorrow into perspective and a real test.

Last season we fell well short to teams like this so tomorrow needs to be the strongest 11 we have fit.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Didn't realise Posh had won 3 on the bounce, scored 8 and not conceded. That puts tomorrow into perspective and a real test.

Last season we fell well short to teams like this so tomorrow needs to be the strongest 11 we have fit.
nor I.That's impressive but i think we will win today.

Reactions: saxman

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Anyone else think we may spring a surprise and play 2 upfront?

They know that Aziz and Mayor will be out threat and they will man mark them.

Maybe our tries and tested 3-1-4-2 will suit is better?

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
This is the bit l don’t get.

I keep hearing we are playing one upfront. And yet l’ve watched the last few games and l see Azaz & Mayor supporting Hardie in a 3.

Here is a question. Think back to Derek Adams 4-2-3-1 formation. Ryan Taylor was upfront on his own. Are we really saying that Hardie is as isolated as what Taylor was. Because if we are then lm just seeing a different game.

And if people want to go back to a 3-1-4-2 l suggest they look at the last 10 mins of the Peterborough cup game. We end up putting Mayor back in midfield. If you look on Wednesday he came on found himself near our box and made a suicidal pass. You honestly don’t want him near our box because he is liabile to try the wrong option in the wrong situation.

l think Schumacher will give last weeks side one more opportunity unless there is an injury. We have Charlton on Tuesday so he might make changes for that one.
I agree, we need DM10 to be trying 'risky' passes around the oppo's box, not his own. If he succeeds there then he can do damage and if it goes wrong there is time to recover.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
I agree, we need DM10 to be trying 'risky' passes around the oppo's box, not his own. If he succeeds there then he can do damage and if it goes wrong there is time to recover.
From what I've seen Danny is doing that. This formation is made for him, which is why I'm now much happier seeing him on the team sheet, than I was. I've heard lots of talk about round pegs in square holes and why don't we make the system suit the players we've got, and not the other way round. Schueys now doing exactly that and there are still people who don't like it. Seems like he can't win either way with some.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth

They conceded 2 at Cheltenham

Reactions: rsp4

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
It will all be about fitness/stamina today. It may man Butcher keeps his place and Houghton doesn't start

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone else think we may spring a surprise and play 2 upfront?

They know that Azaz and Mayor will be out threat and they will man mark them.

Maybe our tries and tested 3-1-4-2 will suit is better?

We beat them 4-0 away last season in the league cup playing 3-5-2. Just saying.