Taking drinks into HP | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Taking drinks into HP

Aug 4, 2011
With soaring temperatures expected for the weekend and the now regulatory searches before entry, can someone clarify exactly what fans can take into the ground in terms of drinks / containers? The que for the kiosks will be unbearable if there is a no drinks on entry policy implied, especially for older fans / those with young children

Reactions: Jonesy

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
With soaring temperatures expected for the weekend and the now regulatory searches before entry, can someone clarify exactly what fans can take into the ground in terms of drinks / containers? The que for the kiosks will be unbearable if there is a no drinks on entry policy implied, especially for older fans / those with young children
I always take a bottle (plastic) of Diet Coke in with me. No problem at turnstiles whatsoever.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Always walk in with a 500ml Diet Coke and never have been told I’m not allowed to

Reactions: Green 1886
Sep 26, 2011
I’d be interested in the official reply to this question as well. At the end of last season we had our unopened bottles of water taken from us, so we now begrudgingly pay the price at the kiosks. I would much rather bring in our own reusable water bottles, but don’t want to risk having them removed as well.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It’ll be nice to see water being sold at a reduced price. There’s no need to have that much of a mark up on something so essential during a heat wave

Reactions: Greenrod
Oct 14, 2015
As a football steward we are informed that plastic bottle can come in but tops are removed. Reason being is that they can be used as missiles to throw at opposing fans or players. Obviously cans and glass bottles are a definite no .

That’s only at the club that I’m a steward at so may vary from ground to ground.

Unfortunately we don’t make the rules but need to enforce them..

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Bottles of water are fine (non-glass), as are other branded soft drinks. We may want to check it’s actually the soft drink in there 😅

At every kiosk & bar there is free drinking water available too.

No cans, glass and no metal water bottles. If anyone has a specific reason for bringing in something else then best to email in before hand.

Hope this helps.

CK

Sep 26, 2011
Bottles of water are fine (non-glass), as are other branded soft drinks. We may want to check it’s actually the soft drink in there 😅

No cans, glass and no metal water bottles. If anyone has a specific reason for bringing in something else then best to email in before hand.

Hope this helps.

CK
Thank you ArgyleOfficial for clarifying this.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
As a football steward we are informed that plastic bottle can come in but tops are removed. Reason being is that they can be used as missiles to throw at opposing fans or players. Obviously cans and glass bottles are a definite no .

That’s only at the club that I’m a steward at so may vary from ground to ground.

Unfortunately we don’t make the rules but need to enforce them..
That is why the discerning away fan always carries a couple of bottle caps in their pockets. You soon learn which grounds take the caps off when serving drinks . Mine for Charlton are next to my match ticket on my computer desk at home.

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Hope this helps.

CK
Am I missing anything?

Is there normally a free drinking water dispenser available? May just not have seen it because I’ve never looked befor.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway

Hope this helps.

CK
You mention no metal water bottles , are you still allowed to bring a thermos flask into the ground ? ( other brands are available 😉)