Swindon | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Swindon

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Manager Jon McGreal & assistant Rene Gilmartin quit the club after less than a month.

"This is a decision we both have made, as we feel we are not able to carry out our duties as manager and Assistant Manager. Out intention from day one was to build a football team to compete in this league, but unfortunately due to the current circumstances the club is facing, we do not feel we are able to do that. As mentioned earlier this week, we have signings ready to be announced, however the legal proceedings involving the ownership has not allowed us to do so, making our positions at the club untenable."

What a mess. Didn't see this coming when they came up with us the season before last. It definitely makes you feel grateful for the safe hands that we're in as a club.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Bought their way up using loanees they couldn't afford to sign and the gamble that crowds would be back failed.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Together with the fact that there are still issues about ownership.

There is a real chance they could cease to exist.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
And Thier Chief Executive resigned a few days earlier.

I wonder what Pierce Sweeney (who signed from Exeter this month) and other recruits are thinking now.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
AdelaideGreen":33wj3wwz said:
And Thier Chief Executive resigned a few days earlier.

I wonder what Pierce Sweeney (who signed from Exeter this month) and other recruits are thinking now.

Well Pierce Sweeney has left, due to family circumstances. He said at this current moment I am unable to fulfil relocating to be part of the team.
"My family and I have thought about this decision and feel our commitments require us to remain in Exeter for the foreseeable future

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Joel Grant's left them to join Grimsby.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If they fail to start the season, which club would replace them, Torquay or Grimsby?
I would think that League 2 would run a season a team light with an additional promotion next year.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Sad. Very sad.

It seems that, with the takeover standoff, they are simply rearranging the deckchairs....
Sounds a bit like Bury.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Don't worry. There is no way the EFL will not have learned from that experience and be well equipped to deal smoothly with this issue .
Bury, Macclesfield, (Wigan almost).

The EFL will never have the teeth it needs to sort these messes out until they can be able to remove the golden share from the owners not the club.

Really hope for the Swindon fans and for the football community as a whole this is sorted quickly.

Amazing to think every club survived the pandemic (well so far) but in the last 3 years we've lost 2 clubs (Bury and Macclesfield) and nearly 2 others (Wigan and Swindon) to bad owners.

More and more feels like the EFL would rather clubs go to the wall as its simpler than sorting the mess out.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bury, Macclesfield, (Wigan almost).

The EFL will never have the teeth it needs to sort these messes out until they can be able to remove the golden share from the owners not the club.

Really hope for the Swindon fans and for the football community as a whole this is sorted quickly.

Amazing to think every club survived the pandemic (well so far) but in the last 3 years we've lost 2 clubs (Bury and Macclesfield) and nearly 2 others (Wigan and Swindon) to bad owners.

More and more feels like the EFL would rather clubs go to the wall as its simpler than sorting the mess out.
We can't simply blame the EFL. These people had already taken ownership of clubs before it became evident that they would turn out to be bad owners. The EFL doesn't have a crystal ball.