Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
``All supporters need to do is register for an Argyle Account on pafc.co.uk, log-in, and visit the Match Centre before kick-off to connect to the stream.``

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I think this is very poor of Argyle announcing this so late after selling match tickets. This should have been announced when tickets went on sale, giving fans the option whether to go to Home Park or watch Argyle TV. I think a lot of people who have bought tickets, will not be very happy.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Then again, probably far more than the 2000 (including me) who have bought tickets will be chuffed that they can watch our team for nothing.

Reactions: Purple Slug
Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
You miss my point, some of those who have bought tickets, possibly would have saved a tenner, if they knew it was going to be free on Argyle TV.

Feb 8, 2005
You miss my point, some of those who have bought tickets, possibly would have saved a tenner, if they knew it was going to be free on Argyle TV.
PAFC always stated that the three pre season matches were going to be shown free, and will expect a few glitches to appear before they start transmitting live EFL & cup league games.
Those that want to watch the game live can visit Home Park again. I don't expect the stream will upset the figures too much, and it allows those that cannot attend, for one reason or another, to watch the match at home, which could be many miles away from Plymouth.
Well done PAFC.
(P.S. I do see your point, but that was always what was going to happen).

Last edited:

Bryan Tregunna

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
If too many switch to watching online rather than attending the game, there will be no chance that 3 o'clock games will be streamed in the UK.

Surely the stream is a poor second choice and only to be taken if the better option is not available?

Reactions: philevs

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
PAFC always stated that the three pre season matches were going to be shown free, and will expect a few glitches to appear before they start transmitting live EFL & cup league games.
Those that want to watch the game live can visit Home Park again. I don't expect the stream will upset the figures too much, and it allows those that cannot attend, for one reason or another, to watch the match at home, which could be many miles away from Plymouth.
Well done PAFC.
(P.S. I do see your point, but that was always what was going to happen).

I must have missed the announcement that pre-season games would be streamed for free.
It makes sense to trial Argyle TV during the pre-season games but the very late announcement for the Swansea game might be to do with low ticket sales due to fans wary of returning to Home Park just yet.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think given the pre season games free on Argyle TV is a good way to get fans that otherwise might not have used the service to sign up and will hopefully generate more interest and money from streaming sales when the real season begins. Well done Argyle πŸ‘πŸ‘

Reactions: IJN and Topboy

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I think given the pre season games free on Argyle TV is a good way to get fans that otherwise might not have used the service to sign up and will hopefully generate more interest and money from streaming sales when the real season begins. Well done Argyle πŸ‘πŸ‘
Totally different experience tho' isn't it? If I could go I would happily pay Β£10 to watch Argyle 'live'. I wouldn't resent someone else (esp those who can't or won't attend yet) watching it for free at home. If I had already bought a ticket I would consider it a good deal regardless of other available services. Those going tonight want to go and are happy to pay to watch 'live' football imho.

Dec 13, 2004
Same difference as watching a concert/gig/festival via a live stream and being at the event. I can only see streaming of matches as a positive. Those who are interested enough and able to go, will go regardless. Those who are unable or not may stump up a tenner to watch. I didn't bother last season due to reports of variable quality. This season I may well give it ago. With many Argyle supporters unable to go due to personal circumstance, be it location, finance, work,family, health, covid concerns etc. If well presented it offers the club a chance to gain extra revenue and retain the floating support. We just need some decent performances on the pitch to keep everyone happy.

Reactions: DYX
Oct 5, 2013
I think this is very poor of Argyle announcing this so late after selling match tickets. This should have been announced when tickets went on sale, giving fans the option whether to go to Home Park or watch Argyle TV. I think a lot of people who have bought tickets, will not be very happy.