Summer Transfer Rumour Round Up | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer Transfer Rumour Round Up

Jul 12, 2016
Depends on how much we would have to spend on him. He's contracted to Jun 1927. He's not a youngster, he's 27yrs old. He's playing in bottom league, could he hack it in the Championship?

Canot afford to gamble financially.
My concern is we have gambled on not signing a striker in the last two transfer windows and see where that has got us. Can we afford not to sign a striker? There are probably better strikers out there but out of our range.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

SurreyJanner

⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2015
My concern is we have gambled on not signing a striker in the last two transfer windows and see where that has got us. Can we afford not to sign a striker? There are probably better strikers out there but out of our range.
with no disrespect meant to Waino - it shouldn't be that hard or expensive to find a better backup striker

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Amii Kearly Sponsor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
with no disrespect meant to Waino - it shouldn't be that hard or expensive to find a better backup striker
If he comes, he certainty won't be a back up striker. He'll cost us between £1m - £1.5m.

I think Wazza would want us to play 2 up front.

SurreyJanner

⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2015
If he comes, he certainty won't be a back up striker. He'll cost us between £1m - £1.5m.

I think Wazza would want us to play 2 up front.
I was thinking a bit more generally and in relation to Oldage's comment that we've not signed another striker. It would be great to get another Hardie - but if we can't, we must sign somebody!

Nov 18, 2011
I’ve watched him play live on 2 occasions and to be honest wasn’t impressed at all. I think he may struggle in the championship.
This, I've seen him several times and he's never impressed me. He's a proper poacher who is at the right place at the right time, I'm not sure he'd get the space though in the Championship.

He doesn't bring much to the table aside from goals, for example he doesn't do much closing down.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Amii Kearly Sponsor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
This, I've seen him several times and he's never impressed me. He's a proper poacher who is at the right place at the right time, I'm not sure he'd get the space though in the Championship.

He doesn't bring much to the table aside from goals, for example he doesn't do much closing down.
I'd settle for not bringing much to the table apart from his 28 goals and 4 assists.

(I know what you're trying to say 😉)

Nov 18, 2011
I'd settle for not bringing much to the table apart from his 28 goals and 4 assists.
Personally, I don't think better defenders will give him the space he needs and hence he won't get the goals. If that's the case then he doesn't do a lot else. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We all know having seen it with our own eyes that the step up from League 2 to the Championship is huge.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Amii Kearly Sponsor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Thought the discussion about potential formations warranted it's own thread.

Reactions: Lancastergreen