Summer Transfer Rumour Round Up | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer Transfer Rumour Round Up

Jan 21, 2007
Not controversial in my eyes. He was a joy to watch and scored some fantastic goals but I never felt he would have shone above League 1.
He's playing in the Prem' right now; just finished his 2nd season ...

... and I think he may have played three seasons in Europe straight after leaving us ... didn't he score against Lazio, or someone like that a couple of seasons ago?

Reactions: Frank the Phone

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
He's playing in the Prem' right now; just finished his 2nd season ...

... and I think he may have played three seasons in Europe straight after leaving us ... didn't he score against Lazio, or someone like that a couple of seasons ago?
He is playing for struggling St Johnstone in the Scottish League. They would struggle to win promotion from League 2. The Lasleys and Makels of this world signed for us from better Scottish teams than that and struggled to make an impact in League 1.
He spent 3 seasons in the Bulgarian league after leaving us and managed 6 goals in three years, often as a sub.
With his 2 seasons at St Johnstone he has 11 goals in 5 seasons post Argyle.
Before joining Argyle he played for lower league standard teams.
We saw the best of him in his prime years and he was as I said a joy to watch. I maintain he would have struggled to make an impact at a higher level, hence probably why he wasn't coveted by Championship teams when playing for us in his prime.
Gillespie scored a goal against Chelsea, Mike Dowling did against Santos, it doesn't mean one goal against Roma proves anything.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
He is playing for struggling St Johnstone in the Scottish League. They would struggle to win promotion from League 2. The Lasleys and Makels of this world signed for us from better Scottish teams than that and struggled to make an impact in League 1.
Lasley and Mikel struggled to make an impact in the *Championship* - they were among Williamson's first batch of signings post-promotion. But your general point still stands.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Lasley and Mikel struggled to make an impact in the *Championship* - they were among Williamson's first batch of signings post-promotion. But your general point still stands.
Of course, my mistake. They were basically league 1 standard.

Nov 18, 2011
Looks like Viktor Johansson, Rotherham's impressive keeper is going to Stoke. Apparently has a release clause around a million which is a very good deal.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Looks like Viktor Johansson, Rotherham's impressive keeper is going to Stoke. Apparently has a release clause around a million which is a very good deal.

Yep his clause is £900K apparently