✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
William Simons, aged 78, who played PC Alf Ventress in Heartbeat and appeared in all 188 episodes. RIP William.

Link

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
RIP Rutger Hauer. Brilliant in Blade Runner and The Hitcher ... and those Guinness adverts back in the 80s.

Time ... to die.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain. Time to die.

One of those moments when you sat in a cinema and thought: I wish I'd said that, even I wish I could be capable of saying that!

Rutger Hauer RIP :nworthy:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Just heard that Clive James has died. One of those celebrity deaths that leaves me feeling quite unexpectedly upset. He had one of those thoughtful, dry wits and was a wordsmith that made his observations of life very funny - if not in a laugh-out-loud way. A good example is something I just read where he was talking about his "embarrassment" at still being alive long after his diagnosis for leukaemia:-

The Australian broadcaster and critic, who has been receiving treatment for terminal leukaemia for more than five years, writes of blushing at the realisation he had “written myself into a corner” by announcing last September that he would die very shortly, when in fact his health has rallied thanks to an experimental drug treatment.

That prediction came in a poem called Japanese Maple, published in September 2014, in which James suggested that when the leaves of a tree in his garden turned brown, it would “end the game” of his own life.

In fact, he writes in his column, “Winter arrived, there has been a whole other summer, and now the maple is just starting to do its flaming thing all over again, with me shyly watching.”

A new chemotherapy medication prescribed to the writer earlier this year is “holding back the lurgy”, he writes, “leaving me stuck with the embarrassment of still being alive”.

Despite his own sheepishness, however, “people are still sympathetic, except perhaps for some of my Australian critics, the most scornful of whom has always wanted me dead anyway”.

R.I.P

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Bob Willis, 70.

1981 and all that. Good memories.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Frank_Butcher":3k9i1yip said:
Bob Willis, 70.

1981 and all that. Good memories.

I'm gutted! He was only recently on the Sky cricketing debate, although he did look gaunt there was no inkling he was ill.
RIP Bob.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Martin Peters, 76
Lovely, intelligent player and, of course, World Cup winner with England all those years ago.
RIP Martin

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
RIP Neil Peart. One of the best drummers in rock.