Statues at Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Statues at Home Park

Sep 3, 2011
Hi everyone - long time member, occasional poster!

Apologies if this has been mooted before but, in light of the Aguerooo statue and, separately, the redevelopment of Higher Home Park: which Argyle players/staff/moment would you like to see immortalised in bronze? I believe that Jack Leslie is having a statue made, so mine would be:

- Tommy Tynan, wheeling away after scoring vs West Brom in the FA Cup 1984

- Micky Heathcote lifting the Wembley cup

- Paul Sturrock with a grin on his face, hands in trooser pockets

- Dave Smith, flat cap, fist clenched on the touch line.

What do you think?
I wouldn't choose any of those at the present time as I firmly believe that statues should be of those who have passed.

Sep 3, 2011
Agree about Tynan, but there will never be another Micky Evans. What a player he was and we would not have won either Championship without the man. Luggy's opinion by the way.

I'd have Brendan Guilfyle in all of the urinals, we could all pee over him as he tried to do with us.
In all seriousness I don't hold a grudge against BG. Whenever I had a question (and there were a few) regarding the administration I found him and PR upfront and honest

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
A bit unfair on an administrator who's responsibility first and foremost was to the club's creditors, not to the club itself.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
A bit unfair on an administrator who's responsibility first and foremost was to the club's creditors, not to the club itself.
So why did he wear an Argyle tie at his first press conference?
And why, when he was administrator at Palace, did he wear a Palace tie?
What has that got to do with representing creditors?
As Ian says, pretending to be something he wasn't (a supporter).
Putting on a show instead of doing a professional job.
If you were owed lots of money by Argyle would seeing him in an Argyle tie reassure you?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
So why did he wear an Argyle tie at his first press conference?
And why, when he was administrator at Palace, did he wear a Palace tie?
What has that got to do with representing creditors?
As Ian says, pretending to be something he wasn't (a supporter).
Putting on a show instead of doing a professional job.
If you were owed lots of money by Argyle would seeing him in an Argyle tie reassure you?
He would have failed in his job had either Palace or Argyle gone under. Both came close, Palace closer than Argyle in that they went 12 minutes past the deadline for liquidation but he still got the job done for both clubs. We all should be grateful of that.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It will always be Bob Jack for me. 105 appearances as a player then a staggering 29 years as manager (1905-06 & 1910-38) which covered 1011 games. Managed the club to their first ever promotion in 1929-30.

Obviously you go back further than me Bob. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Keepitgreen

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He would have failed in his job had either Palace or Argyle gone under. Both came close, Palace closer than Argyle in that they went 12 minutes past the deadline for liquidation but he still got the job done for both clubs. We all should be grateful of that.
He tried to bring in Heaney as a preferred bidder.

It was the fans and JB who saved this club not that prat.

I Was There

♣️ North Devon Greens
Feb 2, 2022
Agree about Tynan, but there will never be another Micky Evans. What a player he was and we would not have won either Championship without the man. Luggy's opinion by the way.

I'd have Brendan Guilfyle in all of the urinals, we could all pee over him as he tried to do with us.
I know a urinal isn’t very big but do you think there would be room to squeeze Ridsdale in as well.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
He tried to bring in Heaney as a preferred bidder.

It was the fans and JB who saved this club not that prat.
I don't think that when they say "preferred bidder" they mean who the supporters would prefer. :ROFLMAO: Heaney would have been ticking all the right boxes to attain being the preferred bidder. Hindsight tells us that Guilfoyle was not being given the best information to make that decision. Fortunately the Argyle fans were on the ball and enforced a direction change in the nick of time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So as I said, Guilfoyle didn't save us, the fans and JB did.

The way he laughed when he offered to sell us the two Championship trophies for £250 each, and his sidekick sniggering as he did so. Jumped up pair of prats. I can remember him saying to Webby "I'm a Spurs fan now that's a proper club".

Reactions: Mork