Staff made redundant yet new DoF to be appointed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Staff made redundant yet new DoF to be appointed

Dec 2, 2010
Losing staff from a part of the organisation and recruiting in another isn't uncommon.

If anyone had the credentials to be a DoF the legal requirement would be that they are considered....and that's not the case.

Plus, by the same token you could criticise for bringing in another player last week!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
If we are expecting the D o F to force FLETCHER out thats not going to happen and things will get worse before they can't get any worse.

Fletcher will stand his ground and you will have the 2 fighting amongst themselves for power whilst the clubs RELEGATION is guaranteed.

Can't see Fletcher wholly approving the appointment a 2nd time round cus it makes him look like the MUPPETT he is !

This is a bad move believe me and we will end up where we have been before with at least 1 of them being fired ( or mutually agreeing to leave ( with a big fat payoff) )

Talk abouta soap opera ! Whoever said JB was naiive and didn't know what he was doing :oops:

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I do find it quite entertaining that so many people on this site seem to have become such experts in running a business over the last couple of years, and now reckon they could even organise a pee-up in a brewery given half a chance.

Successful businessman James Brent, or some clueless geezer on Pasoti? Hmm, decisions, decisions...

And to save anyone asking: yes, I do run a business.

That's not to say that I think that Carl Fletcher should still be Argyle's manager, mind...

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
MickyD":3p08aey1 said:
I do find it quite entertaining that so many people on this site seem to have become such experts in running a business over the last couple of years, and now reckon they could even organise a pee-up in a brewery given half a chance.

Successful businessman James Brent, or some clueless geezer on Pasoti? Hmm, decisions, decisions...

And to save anyone asking: yes, I do run a business.

That's not to say that I think that Carl Fletcher should still be Argyle's manager, mind...

Yeah its unbelieveable at times.

If I didn't want to remain a successful multi - millionaire I would buy the club as another of my little boys toy but whilst PAFC are in the football league it would be construed as a conflict of interests. :cool:

12ftpinkmonkey

Does anybody know, conclusively, what exact roles this new DOF will participate in and will CF have final say on things suggested by the DOF, JB or both? Because i, in all honesty have no idea what this dof will be at the club for. Deehen was a dof temp but once he was appointed ya never heard of him or from him ect...now hes gone, why??

Have i noticed a change in style of play, yes. Do the lads seem to be behind him, yes. Are us fans fickle, yes! but most importantly, do we belive in JB!!! ??? Yes i do. The guy is a business man and hes trying to restrructure the club at the same time learning and appointing football brains. Fletcher has signed great players but why? Is it because we have no money and that is really all he could bring in? Or is it because brent said, look cral, we dont have much cash, stick at it and lets see what happens. ?? I think the later.

When a team is doing poor and obviously trying, the worst thing we can do as fans is heckle and boo them. Lets get behind them, lerts sing and believe and this luck will change. Fletch is right, we havent had the rub of the green. The lads have played well. But when you have injuries, youth, inexperience and Nick Chadwick, you are going to go through a very bad stint.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
samjones":3rf3jxk1 said:
If we are expecting the D o F to force FLETCHER out thats not going to happen and things will get worse before they can't get any worse.

Fletcher will stand his ground and you will have the 2 fighting amongst themselves for power whilst the clubs RELEGATION is guaranteed.

Can't see Fletcher wholly approving the appointment a 2nd time round cus it makes him look like the MUPPETT he is !

This is a bad move believe me and we will end up where we have been before with at least 1 of them being fired ( or mutually agreeing to leave ( with a big fat payoff) )

Talk abouta soap opera ! Whoever said JB was naiive and didn't know what he was doing :oops:

Sure this question has been asked but in all seriousness, why do you punctuate your posts with capitals? It looks rediculous and attention seeking and possibly detracts from any valid points you are trying to make.

That said I also find your posts both tedious and loathesome.

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

lets be realistic.

fletcher and larrieu were appointed to get them off the championship player wage bill.a good move if it came off.

they are hardly going to be let to walk now with 12 mths severance pay which could be £150k plus are they ?

so a dof is the nothing to lose option as replacing will cost more !

synical,yes.but if mr brent wants to fund his hotel complex etc he can hardly start throwing £150k away can he

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ade the green":3ewib6j5 said:
samjones":3ewib6j5 said:

Sure this question has been asked but in all seriousness, why do you punctuate your posts with capitals? It looks rediculous and attention seeking and possibly detracts from any valid points you are trying to make.

They might be ridiculous but they are certainly not REDiculous. Are you a city fan in disguise ?

- I'm gutted now as I find all YOUR posts both enlightening and entertaining :crazy:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
samjones":1p64gq7v said:
Ade the green":1p64gq7v said:
samjones":1p64gq7v said:

They might be ridiculous but they are certainly not REDiculous. Are you a city fan in disguise ?

- I'm gutted now as I find all YOUR posts both enlightening and entertaining :crazy:

Obviously I'm not a city fan. If I was you'd have seen me at Sid James park.

Thank you for you comments about my posts, if you need any help with your manic depression, I know somewhere you can go for a lie down.

I'd rather make the occasional spelling mistake than get one of my hooves banging on the caps lock all the time.