South Yorkshire Police | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

South Yorkshire Police

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Some awful comments on here.

Hopefully you'll never find yourself requiring the assistance of the Police.

You simply cannot tar an entire group of people with the same brush. To do so is moronic beyond words and I cannot fathom the stupidy. Not just the Police but any group.

Yours truly,
A fan whose spent his entire life convincing his northern friends that not all janners are racist and backwards.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
There appears to be a very "loud" silence coming from the direction of the expert in police tactics!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I must be lucky. I’ve been to Wednesday, Utd, Barnsley, Rotherham in my time and never had (or seen) a problem.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
There appears to be a very "loud" silence coming from the direction of the expert in police tactics!
I don’t respond to trolling pal. You should know better. Funny how people with the admin title are often (not always) the worst offenders.

Check out Lincoln’s own forums about their yob elements behaviour. No allegations about SYP.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Some awful comments on here.

Hopefully you'll never find yourself requiring the assistance of the Police.

You simply cannot tar an entire group of people with the same brush. To do so is moronic beyond words and I cannot fathom the stupidy. Not just the Police but any group.

Yours truly,
A fan whose spent his entire life convincing his northern friends that not all janners are racist and backwards.
Yep - the supporters who hate it, saying all football fans are treated like yobs by Police (they’re not) then go and label an entire police force of about 3,000 officers, due to alleged conduct by a minority of the same force, who are long retired.

*shakes head

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent50

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I don’t respond to trolling pal. You should know better. Funny how people with the admin title are often (not always) the worst offenders.

Check out Lincoln’s own forums about their yob elements behaviour. No allegations about SYP.
Point number one, I am not your "pal".

Point number two, at no time have I "trolled" you.
You made a statement:
I certainly know a lot more about Police public order tactics than you do Ian.
As a retired police officer, I simply asked the question, what is your expertise? No trick questions, nothing too difficult.

As for the Admin bit, after 21 years of doing it I am more than happy to wrap my hand in with the amount of crap that is dished out, so don't let that get in the way.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep - the supporters who hate it, saying all football fans are treated like yobs by Police (they’re not) then go and label an entire police force of about 3,000 officers, due to alleged conduct by a minority of the same force, who are long retired.

*shakes head
You are right of course.

I should have added that the South Yorkshire coppers I was referring to were the ones I have witnessed and their interaction with normal non aggressive football fans.

I have no doubt that there are many bobbies that do their job well as the vast majority of decent bobbies do.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Oh come on. Its ludicrous to suggest SYP single out football fans for a bit of the rough stuff......

I don't think they're that keen on miners either.

"This was when one of the miners, Russell Broomhead, was truncheoned repeatedly over the head, a scene filmed by news cameras behind the police lines. The officer who beat Broomhead was later interviewed under caution, although he was never disciplined. He said: “It’s not a case of me going off half-cock. The senior officers, supers [superintendents] and chief supers were there and getting stuck in too. They were encouraging the lads, and I think their attitude to the situation affected what we all did.”

Still, whatever gets you a celebratory drinkie poo with Maggie eh

Aug 16, 2021
It's a bit like Trip Advisor, or other reviews you leave online, we always remember the negative because it tends to stay in the mind longer......hence all the historical references.

Just a shame that positives tend to fade quicker....like Wayne Marques, Keith Palmer, Fiona Bone, Nicola Hughes. Sadly, bet most of you will probably Google search Marques to find out who he is.

I saw a cop take an old fellas arm at Milehouse a few weeks back, the old boy was clearly struggling to walk, the cop walked arm-in-arm with him all the way to the Lyndhurst, then get him to the front of the massive queue. Little things. They're not all power hungry. Some are decent. Not all, but I'd venture to say most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devongreenowl

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think they police do an amazing job and have to adapt to the situation. They have to take a hard stance at big venues like football because let’s be honest, if they were to show weakness things could go sour very quickly.

Im very much in favour of the hardline stance they take to potential offenders whilst ensuring the general public are well cared for and protected.

Seems as thou some have found the police difficult when they have in-fact placed themselves in a position to be dealt with.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I saw a cop take an old fellas arm at Milehouse a few weeks back, the old boy was clearly struggling to walk, the cop walked arm-in-arm with him all the way to the Lyndhurst, then get him to the front of the massive queue. Little things. They're not all power hungry. Some are decent. Not all, but I'd venture to say most.
The D&C are very very good.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think they police do an amazing job and have to adapt to the situation. They have to take a hard stance at big venues like football because let’s be honest, if they were to show weakness things could go sour very quickly.

Im very much in favour of the hardline stance they take to potential offenders whilst ensuring the general public are well cared for and protected.

Seems as thou some have found the police difficult when they have in-fact placed themselves in a position to be dealt with.

Tuggers, generally you are very right. But what I witnessed was brutality and on fans that didn't deserve it. They were normal fans in a pub, not 'Casuals' wanting trouble.

It's ridiculous to turn a blind eye and simply say "all police are marvellous" on the whole they are, but the South Yorkshire crew have a fierce reputation and what I witnessed endorsed what I had read. Nothing to do with Argyle either.

Owly's obviously biased and is now simply trying to cause trouble by bringing 'Site Admin' into the debate.