South Yorkshire Police | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

South Yorkshire Police

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I can remember a 2-2 draw at Chelsea....either 1975 or 77 when we where held in the ground for over half an hour...to "clear the streets" of Chelsea supporters/thugs... so we were told.....then marched to the tube station....and although I had my car south of the river... I still had to go and wasn't allowed to leave the "march" and only escaped when in the station.....early kettling tactics ?....but that was the bad days at Chelsea.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure you know what kettling is by that post.

One of the few times I've been kettled was by Avon & Somerset in a FA Cup game v Bristol City. We had to kick a massive wall in a lane down two avoid serious injury to many a person.

A stupid decision when used wrongly. As everyone in football knows South Yorkshire Police have caused many deaths.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I'm not sure you know what kettling is by that post.

One of the few times I've been kettled was by Avon & Somerset in a FA Cup game v Bristol City. We had to kick a massive wall in a lane down two avoid serious injury to many a person.

A stupid decision when used wrongly. As everyone in football knows South Yorkshire Police have caused many deaths.
I think you need to kettle yourself Ian, coming out with crap like that.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: IJN and Purple Slug

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Go on then, Iā€™ll bite. Explain.

Itā€™s great to have an expert on here.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Go on then, Iā€™ll bite. Explain.

Itā€™s great to have an expert on here.
Well, I certainly know a lot more about Police public order tactics than you do Ian. Mind you, some would say thatā€™s not hard. There's so much wrong with the last paragraph of your previous post and if you canā€™t see it yourself, Iā€™m not going to try and re-educate you.

I'm gonna leave it now, but suffice to say that this thread hasnā€™t been your finest hour.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
The fact remains that I have been to over 100 grounds watching football, in numerous countries and on only three occasions have I felt threatened by police due to my disability. The Milan derby where the entire crowd felt threatened by the Carabinieri , Rotherham and Doncaster.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Many years ago, Argyle played an early season game (may have been first game) vs York City. I went by train with PASALB. On the way back I think we had a change at Doncaster, an hour's wait or thereabouts. Some of us headed 'out' for a pint, could see a pub opposite. I was stopped by a policeman who said that I couldn't leave the station. I asked why, he said because Leeds and Bradford fans (I think) were in and around Doncaster and clashing. So I said: how does that involve me? (Meanwhile good citizens of all shapes, genders and ages were leaving all around us.) Because you are a football fan, he said. So I said yes, Plymouth. I've been to a game (I am wearing a scarf btw Sherlock!). I'd like a drink in that pub. Are these 'problem fans' in that pub? No, he said but it doesn't matter, you cannot go there. So I am banned from Doncaster? Yes he said!
So I went back up, took my scarf off, put my hood up and walked down the stairs behind him!!
Other 'citizens' aren't banned willy nilly from entering English cities/towns so why (peaceful) football supporters?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well, I certainly know a lot more about Police public order tactics than you do Ian. Mind you, some would say thatā€™s not hard. There's so much wrong with the last paragraph of your previous post and if you canā€™t see it yourself, Iā€™m not going to try and re-educate you.

I'm gonna leave it now, but suffice to say that this thread hasnā€™t been your finest hour.
Now I am confused (genuinely) who caused the Hillsborough disaster then?

Dec 3, 2005
You get bad apples in any group of people, Police, Doctors, Nurses, the Armed Forces and yes even football supporters and even Argyle supporters. That doesen't mean you tar everyone with the same brush.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003

Are you a retired police officer, or even a serving one?

As a retired police officer, I would dearly love to hear of your expertise.

Let me give you one little snippet though, South Yorkshire Policeā€™s bad reputation was second only to the Met.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You get bad apples in any group of people, Police, Doctors, Nurses, the Armed Forces and yes even football supporters and even Argyle supporters. That doesen't mean you tar everyone with the same brush.
I would usually agree, but they were even renowned within the police service.

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I studied in Leeds in the late 70s and followed Leeds United while I was living there. At one visit to Sheffield Wednesday, our train was stopped at a railway bridge over a road, we were all ordered off and told to scramble down an embankment where we were met by SYP Mounted officers and others who then surrounded us and marched us off to the ground. The reverse took place at the end of the match. The behaviour of SYP is why I have not been back to Hillsborough in 0ver 40 years and am not looking forward to returning later this season.

Incidentally, I was later a Met Police officer for many years and the worst behaviour I ever witnessed from another officer was by a West Yorks Police football spotter at Stamford Bridge, a tale that will not appear on here.

Despite my fondness for Yorkshire, I have nothing but contempt for their police.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016