So who do you want from the Prem then? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

So who do you want from the Prem then?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Blimey Bob! Even I’VE been to Burnley and Norwich - the latter in 2009; son number two was Argyle’s mascot. We lost by the only goal but they got relegated to League One and we stayed up. Fortunes have been considerably different since then!
That's the difference between being your own boss and being a shift worker for Her Majesty (as it was then). :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2012
I
Yes, I'd say the very top of the division might be marginally weaker but the bottom slightly stronger if Leeds or Saints go up and Bolton come up rather than Oxford.
The top of the table won't be our concern though it is the bottom end where we need to direct our attention. We are likely to be the neutrals overwhelming favourites for a bottom three finish. Let's hope we see some investment, a good coach appointed and a successful summer in player recruitment, using any transfer windfall income wisely.

I’d say top will be weaker. If Leeds/ Southampton go up then Norwich and WBA will lose their PP’s meaning that they’ll have to lose players . This season of the 6 teams in receipt of PP’s ( Watford the other ) 5 were in the playoffs or above .

At the bottom , Derby are carrying forward big losses so will need to be careful re FFP and I don’t see Pompey going mad although they should be stronger than Rotherham.

Reactions: Graham Clark

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I

I’d say top will be weaker. If Leeds/ Southampton go up then Norwich and WBA will lose their PP’s meaning that they’ll have to lose players . This season of the 6 teams in receipt of PP’s ( Watford the other ) 5 were in the playoffs or above .

At the bottom , Derby are carrying forward big losses so will need to be careful re FFP and I don’t see Pompey going mad although they should be stronger than Rotherham.
West Brom are not due a parachute payment this current season. They were relegated in 2020-21 after just one year in the Premier League so they only received PPs for two seasons. By the same score, Norwich wont's be getting any next season should they fail to win the play-offs and neither will Watford.

That leaves just Leeds and Southampton still qualifying for PPs next season and one of them might still be promoted. The three teams coming down (Luton assumed) will all only qualify for for PPs for two seasons and in Luton's case they borrowed heavily last summer to bring the Kenny up to Premier League standards so wont be as flush as they might have been.

Jul 29, 2012
West Brom are not due a parachute payment this current season. They were relegated in 2020-21 after just one year in the Premier League so they only received PPs for two seasons. By the same score, Norwich wont's be getting any next season should they fail to win the play-offs and neither will Watford.

That leaves just Leeds and Southampton still qualifying for PPs next season and one of them might still be promoted. The three teams coming down (Luton assumed) will all only qualify for for PPs for two seasons and in Luton's case they borrowed heavily last summer to bring the Kenny up to Premier League standards so wont be as flush as they might have been.
Noted re WBA . Re Luton they didn’t go mad in signings this season “ only” spending £22M ish on players as opposed to Sheff Utd spending £60m and Burnley over £100m . Upgrading the Kenny cost £10M .

Of course all 3 will have increased their wage bill but they’ll be getting £100m this season and £55M next .

What its likely to mean though is that Luton at least won’t need to sell players .

When they got promoted their base salaries ( all staff) was £18M so with the money they’ll have kept from this season and will get for next they’ll certainly be competitive and arguably stronger than when they were promoted .

Not so sure about Sheff Utd . Burnley bought a lot of young players so may need to offload .

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Noted re WBA . Re Luton they didn’t go mad in signings this season “ only” spending £22M ish on players as opposed to Sheff Utd spending £60m and Burnley over £100m . Upgrading the Kenny cost £10M .

Of course all 3 will have increased their wage bill but they’ll be getting £100m this season and £55M next .

What its likely to mean though is that Luton at least won’t need to sell players .

When they got promoted their base salaries ( all staff) was £18M so with the money they’ll have kept from this season and will get for next they’ll certainly be competitive and arguably stronger than when they were promoted .

Not so sure about Sheff Utd . Burnley bought a lot of young players so may need to offload .
Burnley could well unload some of the 18 players they brought in last summer, even Trafford who they paid 15 million for. Also many high salaried bit part players like Cork, Rodriguez and Taylor are amongst 8 or 10 out of contract.

Jul 29, 2012
Burnley could well unload some of the 18 players they brought in last summer, even Trafford who they paid 15 million for. Also many high salaried bit part players like Cork, Rodriguez and Taylor are amongst 8 or 10 out of contract.
They’ll need to . They have a number of players out on loan as well - eg Scott Twine - so they’ll need to get rid either on loan or permanent as they have 36 players !

Apr 27, 2023
So Leicester, Ipswich plus A N Other promoted. Luton, Burnley and SheffUtd relegated . Championship stronger or weaker as a result?
Without a shadow of a doubt weaker. They will all 3 of them stretched to stay up, and Ipswich and whoever joins them are bigger than all 3

Dec 3, 2005
I know the 3 are 99% certain now, Sheff United, Burnley & unless there is a one in a million chance, Luton. But the question was who would I like to see relegated, both Manchester clubs & Spurs 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie