• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Sir David Amess MP

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Seriously? That's the train of thought on what I honestly thought was a part of Pasoti for adults with worldly wide broader outlook on life ? My mistake. Obviously the Twitter effect has permeated even into this corner of the Internet.

A suicide bomber in the UK is a nice distraction for the Government ? - jeepers.
Not what I said at all GG.

Politicians will always look to exploit the news cycle to bury things.

On all sides.

While no one would wish any of the events of Sunday do you seriously not believe a Malcolm Tucker like character would not exploit it.

"It's a good day to bury bad news" was the most famous quote regarding 9/11 I believe from Jo Moore to Labour Transport Secretary Stephen Byers.

It's unfortunately been kept in focus by the spectacular intervention of Christopher Chope.

By all means portray as you see fit. 👍

May 16, 2016
Not what I said at all GG.

Politicians will always look to exploit the news cycle to bury things.

On all sides.

While no one would wish any of the events of Sunday do you seriously not believe a Malcolm Tucker like character would not exploit it.

"It's a good day to bury bad news" was the most famous quote regarding 9/11 I believe from Jo Moore to Labour Transport Secretary Stephen Byers.

It's unfortunately been kept in focus by the spectacular intervention of Christopher Chope.

By all means portray as you see fit. 👍
You've just confirmed exactly what I said.

A suicide bomber on UK soil and you're first thought was it was going to be seen as a good way for someone to bury bad news.

Strange place to get to isn't it ?

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Pilgrim Joe
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The facts aren't known yet, but there is a growing point of view that the Remembrance Service wasn't the target. The taxi was ordered to take the bomber to the hospital which was over a mile away from the service. Taking into account the cordons which would have been in place, there is no way the bomber would have made it to the service unless he was there an hour or so earlier.

The bomber was a failed asylum seeker with a record of mental health issues (he was sectioned a few years earlier). But, yeah, let's all jump to conclusions before knowing all the facts, eh?
Think you missed the word “ probably” . No facts quoted either. But you obviously have your own agenda.
Are you upset that it was “a failed asylum seeker with a record of mental health issues (he was sectioned a few years earlier)” ?

Dec 3, 2005
What I dont understand is WHY Sir David Amess was seeing this guy in the first place, hardly one of his constituants.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
What I dont understand is WHY Sir David Amess was seeing this guy in the first place, hardly one of his constituants.

The guy rang up the constituency office saying he was about to move to the area and wanted to discuss things like healthcare facilities, etc.