Simon Hallett's explanation of yesterday's investment news. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Simon Hallett's explanation of yesterday's investment news.

Jul 13, 2006
Didn’t mean living, just meant some sort of family space or overnight accommodation. Which could make long journeys more palatable, maybe it wouldn’t.

I’m not sure most players would live in Plymouth just as there’s no reason for a Burnley player to live in Burnley, though I have no idea. I know Danny Mayor lives nearer Exeter.

Just speculation, innit! Though realistically the training ground has to be outside Plymouth proper, and obviously it makes sense to be east rather than west of the city.
I think Danny's South Devon. we have 2 other players in xtr.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’d like it if we spent at least some of the money on some nasty promotion winning players and then worried about the facilities afterward but I’m sure I’ll get some stick for saying so.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’d like it if we spent at least some of the money on some nasty promotion winning players and then worried about the facilities afterward but I’m sure I’ll get some stick for saying so.

Don’t let the short term pain of a defeat cloud your judgment, Cobi :p

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

Imagine we spent that type of money. Then within 5 games an opposition player cleans him out and he out for 6 months. Plan out the window.

If you listen to Scott Brown today they didn’t have Rooney or Morton playing last weekend. That’s the difference. So l understand how it can make a signifiant difference but as Biggs says it’s short term pain, for long term gain.

Maybe this season won’t be as we hoped. But that’s where we need to be patient.

I know people say yes l will be patient but unfortunately they truly might need to learn the real meaning of it this season.

Aug 26, 2021
Imagine we spent that type of money. Then within 5 games an opposition player cleans him out and he out for 6 months. Plan out the window.

If you listen to Scott Brown today they didn’t have Rooney or Morton playing last weekend. That’s the difference. So l understand how it can make a signifiant difference but as Biggs says it’s short term pain, for long term gain.

Maybe this season won’t be as we hoped. But that’s where we need to be patient.

I know people say yes l will be patient but unfortunately they truly might need to learn the real meaning of it this season.
I don't think we'd put all the money into a single player. But is money spent on a well researched players(s) an investment? If your data analysis is correct and you back yourself to pick a player whose value will appreciate, then surely it is. So why doesn't that investment tick all the boxes the chairman is talking about. If Peterbrough can do it, so can we.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff