Simon Hallett's explanation of yesterday's investment news. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Simon Hallett's explanation of yesterday's investment news.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I watched that and his body language was genially excited.

I think he knows more than he’s letting on and there’s more to this than the initial investment.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
The phrase
I watched that and his body language was genially excited.

I think he knows more than he’s letting on and there’s more to this than the initial investment.
The phrase "investment opportunities that may crop up in the next couple of years " was used at least twice by SH. I would agree that there's something definite in his mind that can't be revealed at this point. It might be a training facility or stadium improvements but I think that there would need to be a substantial income generation or capital spin-off (such as residential development) from whatever it might be? SH and the investors would probably need to put more money in or borrow additional funds to finance a major "investment opportunity".

Reactions: Tugboat and Andy B.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I also think this might be a revenue generating investment- at least in part. I do wonder if it is linked to higher Home Park - especially now the surroundings have been tidied up. Will there be some joint deal with JB - or even buy the land off him??? My money is still on a hotel helping Home Park to become a major conference venue, aligned to further ground improvements.

I think the Ice Rink is a dead duck

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I also think this might be a revenue generating investment- at least in part. I do wonder if it is linked to higher Home Park - especially now the surroundings have been tidied up. Will there be some joint deal with JB - or even buy the land off him??? My money is still on a hotel helping Home Park to become a major conference venue, aligned to further ground improvements.

Always thought a hotel would be a good addition to Home Park and maybe when away teams come down to pay us they could stay there instead of other hotels in Plymouth and by doing that it’s more money in Argyles bank

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
The phrase

The phrase "investment opportunities that may crop up in the next couple of years " was used at least twice by SH. I would agree that there's something definite in his mind that can't be revealed at this point. It might be a training facility or stadium improvements but I think that there would need to be a substantial income generation or capital spin-off (such as residential development) from whatever it might be? SH and the investors would probably need to put more money in or borrow additional funds to finance a major "investment opportunity".
Agree 100 percent. There's stuff coming and when we need to know we will be told. A good poker player doesn't flash his cards.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022

I'm not so sure. With a NHL connection in the investors, what if they partner JB or buy out his interest and build the ice rink, maybe with a hotel or other commercial add ons? A proper ice rink would be massively popular commercially, as JB identified we have no near competition for it. I've heard PCC are very keen for it to be done and release the Pavillions for redevelopment. We could have a Ice Hockey team affiliated to Argyle, maybe with the same branding. coyg

Reactions: Drake

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Is ice skating popular? I mean I have zero interest personally and never have. Never been pavilions skating. And I don't know many that have to be honest. I don't get this fascination with ice rinks. There's better things to build surely?
It's always popular at Pavilions despite it's shortcomings. Eden Project have an ice rink in their big tent every xmas season and its massively popular. I used to be in the Plymouth Ice Skating club years ago. The joke was, we had to take a coach up to Bristol to skate! I don't know about the commercial viability, I'll be honest. It's purely a what if? and there may well be other, better options on the table. Like others, I do think there is a plan materialising. coyg

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
It's always popular at Pavilions despite it's shortcomings. Eden Project have an ice rink in their big tent every xmas season and its massively popular. I used to be in the Plymouth Ice Skating club years ago. The joke was, we had to take a coach up to Bristol to skate! I don't know about the commercial viability, I'll be honest. It's purely a what if? and there may well be other, better options on the table. Like others, I do think there is a plan materialising. coyg
Or even n ice rink with n hotel on top??? In ought to do sweepstake on all the different options!

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Or even n ice rink with n hotel on top??? In ought to do sweepstake on all the different options!
For some reason my “a” button wouldn’t work!

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M

Hotel? Seems quite popular amongst some football clubs.