Silkman - The Return. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Silkman - The Return.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Brought to you by Argyle Legends and Pasoti.

MK50EJs.jpg legends.jpg

It looks like Friday November 5th.

So, lots of fireworks from the man who delighted us in the short time he was with us.

More importantly, as an after dinner speaker he is extraordinarily funny.

I have a list of people who have paid for their tickets and I also have to check in with the Green Taverners as to how many they have sold from the Argyle Legends.

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

So no more sales at the moment as I have to ascertain what we can still sell, but I thought it important to let you all know that it wasn't forgotten about.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Any chance of a live stream? Barry scored on my first visit to HP (possibly his debut?) - a goal that cemented me as an Argyle fan for life. Would love to be at this, but from 600 miles distance sadly not an option.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I had 4 tickets. Happy for that money to go to the GT’s and Argyle legends not so to Silkman. The bloke has shown in the last 18 months that he is an absolute prat IMO. I hope he focuses on football on the night. My friends and I won’t be there to watch it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree Daz. I will not be attending now.

A complete and utter idiot. Hero to zero for me.

His ‘advice’ on Facebook could well have caused deaths.

However I had obligations to people who paid for their tickets. I had to take this into consideration when revisiting the idea.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Totally agree Daz. I will not be attending now.

A complete and utter idiot. Hero to zero for me.

His ‘advice’ on Facebook could well have caused deaths.

However I had obligations to people who paid for their tickets. I had to take this into consideration when revisiting the idea.
Well said mate. Such a shame.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hell of a player. I remember thinking that we were really going places.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
Barry Silkman (ex-Argyle 1970's) was due to speak at a Green Taverners dinner over a year ago, but was postponed due to Covid lockdown. I bought a ticket. I'm sure there was talk some time ago that this had been rescheduled for Friday 5th November 2021, but have heard no more. Does anyone know anything about this?

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
Thanks for the confirmation Ian. It was so long ago that I booked that I had actually forgotten all about it!

I remember Barry Silkman playing for Argyle - a very flamboyant character!