• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Shocking Euro 2020 image

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Is there no low to which newspapers and websites won't stoop in order to get eyeballs on pages? Do they have no morals whatsoever?

iu

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
It's coming up, it's coming up
bile is coming up
it's coming up, it's coming up ...

all together now!! :sick:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Oct 31, 2010
Moved to the Opinions forum where politics are discussed.

Sep 2, 2008
MickyD":14bcw10y said:
Is there no low to which newspapers and websites won't stoop in order to get eyeballs on pages? Do they have no morals whatsoever?

iu

You're gonna have to help me out? :eh: :?

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Pottypilgrim":33sxvw3s said:
MickyD":33sxvw3s said:

iu

You're gonna have to help me out? :eh: :?

To be fair the DM did slate all the celebs and MP's who suddenly love football.

Off the top of my head I think David Mellor and Alistair Campbell are two of the genuine football fans :thumbup:

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
PL2 3DQ":s958ikk5 said:
Moved to the Opinions forum where politics are discussed.
It was just meant as a light-hearted joke about the unwelcome sight of a portly PM in an England shirt - the stooping so low stuff was ironic, and for a bit of "meta" I deliberately used a clickbaity topic title - but OK, now we're on Opinions I suppose I was also making a point about the sickening hypocrisy of football-hating Tories all of a sudden pretending that they're big fans of those recently reviled marxist millionaires because their success just might add a few more polling percentage points.

And as for that Daily Mail picture..... bleeeeeuuuurrrrggghhh!

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
From today's Observer: This England team aren’t playing for the Tories’ version of the country

Boris Johnson is desperate to steal himself a slice of their glory, but embracing this diverse and harmonious squad authentically is impossible for the party he’s created.

When the men of England last won a significant international football tournament (you may know that this was 55 years ago), the official mascot was called World Cup Willie, a cartoon lion sporting a union jack football shirt and mop-top mane. In the build-up to tonight’s final of the Euros, another mop-top, this one lamentably lacking in leonine qualities, has been doing his utmost to make a willy of himself. :lol:
Many other Tories who have previously been furious opponents of “bringing politics into football” have been photobombing social media with snaps of themselves in hastily purchased England kit. In her desperation to scramble aboard the bandwagon, Priti Patel neglected to have the package creasing ironed out before she stuck on the shirt, while Rishi Sunak forgot to snip off the sales tags.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
MickyD":1xmm3abt said:
From today's Observer: This England team aren’t playing for the Tories’ version of the country

Boris Johnson is desperate to steal himself a slice of their glory, but embracing this diverse and harmonious squad authentically is impossible for the party he’s created.

When the men of England last won a significant international football tournament (you may know that this was 55 years ago), the official mascot was called World Cup Willie, a cartoon lion sporting a union jack football shirt and mop-top mane. In the build-up to tonight’s final of the Euros, another mop-top, this one lamentably lacking in leonine qualities, has been doing his utmost to make a willy of himself. :lol:
Many other Tories who have previously been furious opponents of “bringing politics into football” have been photobombing social media with snaps of themselves in hastily purchased England kit. In her desperation to scramble aboard the bandwagon, Priti Patel neglected to have the package creasing ironed out before she stuck on the shirt, while Rishi Sunak forgot to snip off the sales tags.

You think they paid for the shirts!??

What would you like Sir? : England football, shirt, floating duck house? :think: