Senior Admission Concessions. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Senior Admission Concessions.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tottenham Hotspur have announced the phasing out of concession prices for senior supporters with the prospect of older Spurs fans being charged 25% more by 2029 than they do now.

The question has to be asked, will this spread to other clubs?

As a football supporter in my sixties I have watched the concession age progressively increase just as I approach it. First at the age of 58 I saw it rise from 60 to 65 thanks to the equalising of the women's retirement age to that of men and now with my 65th birthday just two months away, I am not holding my breath especially as I don't qualify for my state pension for another year.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Thanks for a lifetime of support but we really want your seat for a younger person who’s likely to spend a fair bit more in the stadium as well as charging more for the seat.

Rapidly falling out of love with football.

Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for a lifetime of support but we really want your seat for a younger person who’s likely to spend a fair bit more in the stadium as well as charging more for the seat.

Rapidly falling out of love with football.
Won’t happen at non league clubs!

Always banging the drum for people to go and watch local non league football.

Reactions: Age of reason
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It’s a tricky one. In the case of Tottenham (and London generally) retirees with no mortgage to pay and who have built up decent-sized pensions working in the city are likely to be better off than people in their 20s. That obviously doesn’t apply universally though.

Should this sort of thing be means tested for those in receipt of non-state pensions?

Sep 8, 2011
Preston, Lancs
Won’t happen at non league clubs!

Always banging the drum for people to go and watch local non league football.
I reckon in general you're right, but AFC Fylde in the National League may be the exception that proves the rule...they have had straight 'Adult' or 'Junior' prices for several years.
(I do enjoy Non League football, but being an Argyle fan, AFC Fylde are a bit too 'big time' for me - much prefer watching Bamber Bridge FC!)