Second Home Questionnaire | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Second Home Questionnaire

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Hi all

I am currently conducting some academic research on second-home ownership in Cornwall and the range of potential interventions that are on the table to try and create a harmonious balance and create access for local people to the housing market.

I have drawn up a questionnaire aimed at people from Cornwall, particularly from coastal communities (including those who have moved out of the county). I have been out and about with it and will do again but as there are likely to be a number of Cornish folk around on these boards I thought I would share it here too.
Takes about 5 - 10 minutes to complete online if anyone is interested. I'd really appreciate any responses.
The link is https://questionpro.com/t/AXoLkZxmUl

Reactions: IJN

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
You’ve probably researched it, but British Columbia has a speculation and vacancy tax, that targets empty and second homes to encourage use and/or pay for affordable housing. I think the government are considering a national tax as well. Obviously all new taxes create drama. It’s been around for 5 years ish, so it may provide some talking points or ideas for your research.

Reactions: up the line

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You’ve probably researched it, but British Columbia has a speculation and vacancy tax, that targets empty and second homes to encourage use and/or pay for affordable housing. I think the government are considering a national tax as well. Obviously all new taxes create drama. It’s been around for 5 years ish, so it may provide some talking points or ideas for your research.
Thanks for this tip Mat.
It certainly is interesting how other parts of the world have approached similar situations.
There are pros and cons to every potential measure.
I appreciate your response!