Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Looks like the top of the E is stopping a little short? Did someone miscount the number of white seats?

tonsk

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Looks like the top of the E is stopping a little short? Did someone miscount the number of white seats?

tonsk
Good spot tonsk... you are right. I think the E is a couple of seat shorter along the top compared to the bottom which is quite an odd design choice.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Is the far right side of the top section not in black to cast a shadow effect?65CD03E9-39CB-499A-BCB5-C707184B5DEE.png

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
For the pedants - originally I thought it was a type face style issue but the number of white seats top and bottom of the 'E' in the Lyndhurst are different unlike the 'E' on the Lower Mayflower opposite.

1654097314871.png

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
For the pedants - originally I thought it was a type face style issue but the number of white seats top and bottom of the 'E' in the Lyndhurst are different unlike the 'E' on the Lower Mayflower opposite.

View attachment 4212
Ouch - not only is the font different if the top bar is shorter than the bottom bar, but in the Mayflower there are 8 extra seats added to the 3 that form the vertical to form the top and bottom horizontal bars but in the Lyndhurst there are only 5 at the bottom and, perhaps, 4 at the top (if there is a seat missing). In the vertical the Mayflower E is, I think 10 seats high whereas the Lyndhurst one is 12. So the aspect ratio of the letters on opposite sides of the ground is completely different. Now some might say that none of this matters whatsoever and anyone who thinks otherwise has something wrong with them, but honestly...

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Yes, but so are the middle and bottom ends..

tonsk
Good point but I still think it’s part of the look and deliberate.

The letter(s) almost almost look larger because the top part looks smaller and further away.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I don't see the point of those horrible black shadow seats. It looks like the horrible lettering on the side of WWII USAAF bombers.
White on dark green would have sufficed.