Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000)

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
You wouldn’t get planning permission for a 30,000 stadium in its current location.
The traffic problems would be a major issue.
There was once talk of building a multi story car park where the current parking is, that would certainly help at the best of times

Reactions: NanGreenthing

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
I will be renewing my season ticket again this season again with the outlook of only making 6-10 matches at home at the very most but this gives me the chance to get tickets for away matches which are a bit closer to me.
I was looking at the option of the interest free over 10 months but then noticed the admin setup fee of I think £30-£35 (not an obviously clear charge) so actually they are almost the same price as a standard ticket £460 for the season ticket for people taking the finance option against £465 pay on the day . This on top of buying ArgyleTV for midweek matches probably another £40 a total of £500 which other and myself are willing to pay.
You would think as I have mentioned in another post there should be a way if you are unable to make a match as a season ticket holder you could still watch it as a season ticket holder via ArgyleTV. By this way Argyle could win both ways as in they have my money as a season ticket holder but if unable to make the match resell my ticket for on the day supporters.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
There are two different aspects here.

1. If you can't guarantee a seat by walking up to the ticket office because the game is sold out then it encourages you to ensure a seat by buying a ST.
2. If we are losing money because we are turning people away consistently then the club need to address that in a sustainable way.

The only way we can justify large expansions is if the overwhelming majority of the crowd are ST holders, and we are consistently turning people away as there is no room.
When last in the Prem Pompous had a crowd which was mostly ST holders as you couldn't get a seat otherwise. (Away area excepted)

Totally disagree.

Argyle have a very large contingent of fans that don't live in Plymouth. What about the people who can't go to every match, but can only go to a say 3-4 home matches maximum? This group of people look at the fixture list when it comes out and think I'd like to go to that one and that one and plan a trip ... then when the tickets go on sale they are snapped up and this fan can't get a ticket. If we had a bigger stadium that fan and other floaters would be able to go to the match and provide much needed revenue to strengthen the playing side.

You talk like you are a ST holder - there is very large fanbase of Argyle fans that are not ST holders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lancastergreen
May 8, 2011
Totally disagree.

Argyle have a very large contingent of fans that don't live in Plymouth. What about the people who can't go to every match, but can only go to a say 4-5 home matches maximum? This group of people look at the fixture list when it comes out and think I'd like to go to that one and that one and plan a trip ... then when the tickets go on sale they are snapped up and this fan can't get a ticket. If we had a bigger stadium that fan and other floaters would be able to go to the match and provide much needed revenue to strengthen the playing side.

You talk like you are a ST holder - there is very large fanbase of Argyle fans that are not ST holders.
That is the problem. Lack of consistent committed support.

Reactions: oldage

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Interesting thread.

The problem with building a larger stadium is the extra costs. So if you don't fill it then you have additional costs you may not be able to cover. Eg electricity, stewarding..

We talk like we are a big club. Yet we were in the top 6 for most of the season and only managed 6 sell outs from a possible 23.

I don't want to get into the whole debate of what size club we are. Yet we have to be realistic. It's OK shooting for the stars but if your not realistic you going to get yourself in a mess because you ran before you walked.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Running before we walked?
We did have 40000 fans attending games back in the day and ok they are probably all in the green heaven now but we still have 300000 in Plymouth alone, then you have all the other areas and exiles that attend.
Why should a city of our size have a 30000 seater stadium?
Who is to say they wouldn't fill that stadium when you aren't playing Morecambe and Sutton?
We are not a big club but we can be a big club, just that every owner has never believed we can be a big club and todays owner is no different!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Interesting thread.

The problem with building a larger stadium is the extra costs. So if you don't fill it then you have additional costs you may not be able to cover. Eg electricity, stewarding..

We talk like we are a big club. Yet we were in the top 6 for most of the season and only managed 6 sell outs from a possible 23.

I don't want to get into the whole debate of what size club we are. Yet we have to be realistic. It's OK shooting for the stars but if your not realistic you going to get yourself in a mess because you ran before you walked.

All we are talking about is increasing our capacity by a few thousand- back to the sort of levels we had not that long ago. This isn’t something new - we had a 18,500 capacity stadium not that long ago.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner
Feb 8, 2005
We cannot guarantee selling out what we have now, how can we justify building extra? and where is the money coming from?

Not a very well thought out plan, I'm afraid.

Reactions: oldage

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
All we are talking about is increasing our capacity by a few thousand- back to the sort of levels we had not that long ago. This isn’t something new - we had a 18,500 capacity stadium not that long ago.

But even that will cost millions.

Hallett won’t do that until we reach a point that we are selling out and shutting people out. He has stated this somewher.

A few handful of games where we sold out isn’t enough. As he wants it to a point we regenerate what we spend.

Like people have said if Argyle are mid table next season our capacity will be enough. There are many casuals that will see it as a waste of money by January if we can’t challenge for promotion so will only turn up for Sunderland, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday at HP.

Sad, but our fanbase needs to grow first.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The catering situation throws money down the drain - it is extraordinary. There must be a way of speeding up service

I always thought the outside of the Lyndhurst could be used before games and at half time? There’s plenty of room there for fans to mingle and for kiosks to be set up, it could be fenced off or a temporary marquee set up, although the half time smokers and vapers may not like it!

With the security checks before games it’s basically a no go area for the public anyway.