Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000)

May 8, 2011
Extremely encouraging that so many new people are taking up season tickets.

The Halletts have obviously invested very heavily in 'the matchday experience' (ugh) and in the professional people charged with delivering it.

It's probably quite hard to for those of us posting here to judge whether this investment is delivering because it has little bearing on our own matchday attendance or support for Argyle.

But these figures (admittedly from the not unbiased source of the club itself) suggest that it is.
Not sure what you call match day experience but for me on the Lyndhurst I haven’t seen any off pitch improvements in my part of the ground. Queues for refreshments even longer, get searched now and still no hot water in the hand basins in the toilets.
Sorry I do see some off pitch improvements as I can see them from my seat.

Mar 23, 2019
Honestly if you think that 16k is big enough for a team the size of Argyle or a city the size of Plymouth then get some ambition.

Sell Cooper and spend the money on filling in the corners/increasing the grandstand/improving the training facilities. Be a far better investment long term than any player.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
(assuming they would limit season ticket sales to around 12,000)
I see no reason to do that - why limit your income? If you can sell every single seat to a ST holder then you would be daft not to. You would obviously be publishing the number sold on a regular basis to flag to people that a ST may be the only way to go. (I know it is unlikely)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
but not everybody can afford to buy them.

And at the moment I’m one of them 🙄 hopefully I can find the funds to get one again

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Not sure what you call match day experience but for me on the Lyndhurst I haven’t seen any off pitch improvements in my part of the ground. Queues for refreshments even longer, get searched now and still no hot water in the hand basins in the toilets.
Sorry I do see some off pitch improvements as I can see them from my seat.
I feel the same tbh. Massive queues for refreshments. If you grab a coffee or tea you then have to queue on the other side of the concourse to put milk and sugar in. all seems very amateur.
on the pitch I’m very happy with the way things are going but off of it there are a few things that are beginning to bug me.
on top of that having to be relocated due to the Sky cameras and as yet no response from the club to my email.

Having said all that I haven’t renewed yet but most probably will , I’m just beginning to feel less like a fan and more of a customer.

Jan 6, 2004
I see no reason to do that - why limit your income? If you can sell every single seat to a ST holder then you would be daft not to. You would obviously be publishing the number sold on a regular basis to flag to people that a ST may be the only way to go. (I know it is unlikely)
Well there are only 14,500 home seats at the moment. I think you need to leave a couple of thousand tickets available or those who are not season tickets holders may lose interest and it will be hard to grow the fan base. I believe even clubs that have long waiting lists for season tickets still keep some back to sell on a match by match basis

Oct 19, 2021
Well there are only 14,500 home seats at the moment. I think you need to leave a couple of thousand tickets available or those who are not season tickets holders may lose interest and it will be hard to grow the fan base. I believe even clubs that have long waiting lists for season tickets still keep some back to sell on a match by match basis
Indeed. Arsenal have about 45,000 season ticket holders leaving approx 15,000 to others.

Reactions: bringonthemilkman
Jul 12, 2016
Honestly if you think that 16k is big enough for a team the size of Argyle or a city the size of Plymouth then get some ambition.

Sell Cooper and spend the money on filling in the corners/increasing the grandstand/improving the training facilities. Be a far better investment long term than any player.
This topic has already been discussed in detail. 16k is adequate.If we finish mid table next season the crowds will drop off. We only had 6 ”sell outs” this season despite nearly making the play offs. Even lower half of the Championship we would struggle to average 16k

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I feel the same tbh. Massive queues for refreshments. If you grab a coffee or tea you then have to queue on the other side of the concourse to put milk and sugar in. all seems very amateur.
And this is what you expect at a non league game, at a pro game surely you don't expect massive queues and having to use another table or area to do your own sugar and milk?
If Argyle want to be seen as a properly run pro club then the very basics need to be dealt with!
Its all part of the experience, if I go to Plymouth Parkway I expect to have to do my own sugar and milk but what I also get is off field entertainment and am able to be back in my seat for the second half, this is with 2 women running from a window a well drilled operation, so maybe its time Argyle sorted out more staff who can fulfil just the basics at half time!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We can argue about the size of capacity until you are blue in the face but although Home Park looks nice from some angles it looks awful from others!
With going on 300000 people living in the City alone, why wouldn't you want say a 30000 stadium that's complete?
If you have the money to build a stadium or you have the contacts to do this which I am quite certain Mr Hallett has then why not do it?
It will be worth it when the crowds come, you wouldn't need amateur standard seating in when Liverpool next rock up for a start, and you never know, maybe fans will again flock in to the stadium with it being a nice shiny one?
You can cite the last time we were in the Championship all you like but no one knows what would happen the next time we are there and no one can predict that attendances would go down again year on year.
Build it and they will come!

Mar 29, 2020
The horse shoe has always been a bad design when we sell out…not enough space underneath…queues everywhere…not sure how to make it better other than rebuild it and that ain’t gonna happen….8000 season ticket sold 🤞🏻is impressive for this size club…let’s hope we start well next season because if we are bottom half at Christmas….our ground will definitely be big enough.

May 8, 2011
We can argue about the size of capacity until you are blue in the face but although Home Park looks nice from some angles it looks awful from others!
With going on 300000 people living in the City alone, why wouldn't you want say a 30000 stadium that's complete?
If you have the money to build a stadium or you have the contacts to do this which I am quite certain Mr Hallett has then why not do it?
It will be worth it when the crowds come, you wouldn't need amateur standard seating in when Liverpool next rock up for a start, and you never know, maybe fans will again flock in to the stadium with it being a nice shiny one?
You can cite the last time we were in the Championship all you like but no one knows what would happen the next time we are there and no one can predict that attendances would go down again year on year.
Build it and they will come!
You wouldn’t get planning permission for a 30,000 stadium in its current location.
The traffic problems would be a major issue.